IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Southern Illinois Tracks, Murphysboro, Carbondale, Belleville indoor, Olney, ETC.
mongooseluver
post Apr 22 2011, 11:10 AM
Post #16

Expert

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,538

QUOTE (cheez @ Apr 9 2010, 03:03 PM) *
Got pic's of that track now?

someplace I do its all grown up

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CollinsvilleBMX
post May 2 2011, 05:31 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 27,224

I was a couple of years older than you, Tim. You were pretty good. If I remember right you held several national plates.

Remember when Owen Doughty jumped in the water at Plantation (Riverview) in St Louis?

The barn was a lot of fun. I used to drive by there all the time when I worked in Belleville. I always had to smile.

+Quote Post
ellis
post Jun 21 2011, 02:10 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 32,665

QUOTE (cheez @ Apr 9 2010, 03:03 PM) *
Got pic's of that track now?

never there while it was open, but this is what it looked like today

(IMG:http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt127/bobbachops/IMG_9130.jpg)

(IMG:http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt127/bobbachops/IMG_9131.jpg)

+Quote Post
motleydrew
post Jun 27 2011, 07:01 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 9,638

Started racing in mid '84 at Plantation while living in Brighton, IL. Quickly discovered Collinsville and also loved that track. The giant dirt jump carved in the hill with the flat landing was awesome. We spent as much time playing on that as we did on the track. Also raced New Haven, MO (Rad West), Supercross in St. Charles, White City (anybody remember that track?), Pekin (indoor AND the track was 2 laps!), Peoria, the trails in South County and eventually St. Peters. Fond memories of the Fink's, Tim Kakouris, Travis McGee, the Howard's, and many others in the area. Ironic that when I moved to Florida in the early 90's the closest track was almost a 2 hour drive and now there is a track in Brighton.

+Quote Post
TODDNICKS
post Feb 15 2012, 03:08 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 36,066

QUOTE (motleydrew @ Jun 27 2011, 07:01 PM) *
Started racing in mid '84 at Plantation while living in Brighton, IL. Quickly discovered Collinsville and also loved that track. The giant dirt jump carved in the hill with the flat landing was awesome. We spent as much time playing on that as we did on the track. Also raced New Haven, MO (Rad West), Supercross in St. Charles, White City (anybody remember that track?), Pekin (indoor AND the track was 2 laps!), Peoria, the trails in South County and eventually St. Peters. Fond memories of the Fink's, Tim Kakouris, Travis McGee, the Howard's, and many others in the area. Ironic that when I moved to Florida in the early 90's the closest track was almost a 2 hour drive and now there is a track in Brighton.

I was good friends with brian howard,lost track of him after racing though. Raced for freshour with kakouris . Remember archview,collinsville, plantation. Probably did some of those other tracks for nationals though

+Quote Post
TODDNICKS
post Feb 15 2012, 03:13 AM
Post #21

Member No.: 36,066

QUOTE (tim kakouris @ Feb 8 2011, 09:47 PM) *
i raced at olney a couple of times, both war of the stars. one in 1981 and one in 1982.

i used to race from time to time at collinsville, too.

i think i raced every race ever held at "the barn", the indoor track in belleville, archview stables.

quite a few nationals at the track in springfield, as well.

i have a few good photos from those tracks, too. thanks for the memories.

Wow,been a real long time.raced for jerry freshour with you . Raced with brian howard, tracy bogler,kevin conrad, etc. I Could go on and on....

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 05:17 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees