Helping Bill Madden.....
MaddenBMX
post Sep 11 2009, 12:54 AM
Post #1

AA Pro

Group: BMX Industry
Member No.: 2,817

Dear friends,

Please know that due to my life's current circumstances, I am forced to ask for help on top of all the wonderful help I have already received. You'll probably see this same thing all over the internet with me asking for some help, but just know that I am literally forced into it and have to put my family first and killing any pride that wells up.

The following is a request for assistance on medical bills stemming from my crash at Louisville. Again- a huge teary eyed thank you goes out for any help already given or subsequently given after considering this......

Let me first say thank you for even considering helping me out in this very difficult time. Injuries by themselves are hard enough, but add the expenses of today’s medical costs and it’s a wonder anybody does any sport, let alone BMX racing.

My reasoning for not having health insurance was not a protest or flippant way to approach life, but it was a choice I had to make for a short time to help stabilize my family at the moment. My wife (who had us all on a wonderful policy when she worked at an area hospital) was the victim of some cutbacks in the medical field and was let go earlier this year. The problem was (and still is) she discovered problems with her heart and is undergoing testing to warrant heart surgery or not. We had to keep her on COBRA to prepare for anything that arose from the findings (still being tested) and the only way our budget ( now down to just one salary) could handle it was to go without health insurance for me. I am in great shape and we have medical policies in place here at our skatepark/BMX facility and the racing sanctions have supplemental insurance for accidents at their events, so we went with that direction, hoping it would meet our needs.

Needless to say, we never imagined a wreck at a race could get as bad as it has for me on this one. I broke my upper arm bone in two spots….one very close to the ball joint and it is needing extensive and imminent surgery(s) to ever have normal use of my arm again. Hospital stays, MRI’s, CT’s, X-rays all add up so quick and so much that we are already over 25,000.00 as of now and more is to come.
The NBL’s insurance will only cover a small fraction of the total, so I am forced to ask you for any and all help you can give in my need.

The good news is this…..

Since I run Emerald Coast Dirt & Vert, I can make this a win/win situation for you or your business. We have sponsorship packets I sent along or can send you outlining ‘tax deductible’ advertising and free park use for you on a number of levels. This way, it’s not just a handout by definition, rather an advertising opportunity or sponsorship gift you can write off your taxes and not just throwing money down a hole that you never see the benefits of your help. You can see the park at www.ecdandv.com to see what I do here in the panhandle of Florida.

I emplore you to help in any way you can and promise that the benefits you will receive will not only make you feel good to help a brother in need, but with contracts of sponsorship and logos advertised along with free use of the facility, you will be able to see and measure your contribution to me and ECDV. Please contact me and I can provide the different plans we offer for businesses and individuals like yourselves who want to support/sponsor our kind of lifestyle at a plce like ECDV. We have plans for individuals ranging from 25.00 to 500.00 and for businesses from 150.00 all the way up to 3,000.00 in different levels of park support/sponsorship.

You never know.................you might find yourself in a spot like this somewhere down the road.

Please consider helping me.

-Bill Madden
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bighead
post Sep 11 2009, 03:13 AM
Post #2

A Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,859

PM me a address Bill......Godspeed healing.

+Quote Post
FaithBMX
post Sep 11 2009, 03:54 AM
Post #3

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,311

Is there a way to PayPal some funds over?

I was in a similar situation when I lost my spleen in 1995.
I didn't have any insurance and the collection at the national was of vast help in paying some of the bills.

+Quote Post
JBRP
post Sep 11 2009, 05:42 AM
Post #4

A Pro

Member No.: 7,262

Bill sent you a PM...

+Quote Post
bnd
post Sep 11 2009, 06:19 AM
Post #5

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Member No.: 51

Bill, if you post up a PayPal link I'm there with what I can afford.
Hope you get healthy fast.

Take care,
Bruce

+Quote Post
MaddenBMX
post Sep 11 2009, 06:35 AM
Post #6

AA Pro

Group: BMX Industry
Member No.: 2,817

I will try to set up a paypal account today. Anyone done this before and can PM me the steps on how to? I'm still pretty green on the 'puter.

-Madden

+Quote Post
JBRP
post Sep 11 2009, 06:49 AM
Post #7

A Pro

Member No.: 7,262

Bill, once you do let me know.... I will forward the funds from the plate sales directly to your account from mine...

Just so everyone knows reading this thread, that I will be doing up a special plate for Bill, he gave me permission to do it. All (100%) of the profits from the plates will go to Bill and his family to help out....pretty much like I have done in the past for Tara, Stephen and Shane. I will get the design done today and approved by Bill...once that is done I will post up an order page and post a link here and who ever wants to help is more than welcome to purchase...

Heal quick Bill....

This post has been edited by JBRP: Sep 11 2009, 06:52 AM

+Quote Post
green hornet
post Sep 11 2009, 06:54 AM
Post #8

A Pro

Member No.: 7,825

I'm still pretty green on the 'puter

Man those must be the meds talkin... lol

Get that Paypal thing set up and will also talk to the powers that be at Bestbike and see what we can do also.

Heal up bro

+Quote Post
FaithBMX
post Sep 11 2009, 06:58 AM
Post #9

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,311

What are the legalities of someone (Madden sponsors?) accepting donations at a booth at Interbike?
Or at least directing people to a Paypal account?

+Quote Post
HRPdesigns
post Sep 11 2009, 07:30 AM
Post #10

VBMX Hall Of Famer
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 4,211

Since Rob is doing a special number plate, I can skip that part, so Bill just let us know when the paypal is up. God speed in your healing process.

+Quote Post

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 06:16 PM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees