BMX gets play on the Motocross site, Racer X online
HRPdesigns
post Sep 2 2009, 08:49 AM
Post #1

VBMX Hall Of Famer
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 4,211

BMX gets play on the Motocross site, Racer X online. Check it out, the article is below. And the front page screen shot is below that.
Racer X write up

Attached File  BMXRacerX.jpg ( 468.6K ) Number of downloads: 103
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
90262LeeBMXs
post Sep 2 2009, 09:38 AM
Post #2

AA Pro
Group Icon

Member No.: 22,791

Cool article...

Now if we can just get more writers to tell the rest of the world (not just MotoX) about BMX we'd be on a comeback tour. It'd be like The 80's Golden BMX Rush.

+Quote Post
lumpy
post Sep 2 2009, 10:06 AM
Post #3

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,375

Great Stu... Now all the haters know to write to Racer X and complain that Jeremy and Troy don't belong in the HOF...

Brian

+Quote Post
HRPdesigns
post Sep 2 2009, 10:48 AM
Post #4

VBMX Hall Of Famer
Group Icon

QUOTE (lumpy @ Sep 2 2009, 11:06 AM) *
Great Stu... Now all the haters know to write to Racer X and complain that Jeremy and Troy don't belong in the HOF...

Brian

OOPS!

+Quote Post
WillMurray
post Sep 2 2009, 11:43 AM
Post #5

A Pro

Member No.: 1,344

Its marketing 101........

+Quote Post
Bikemonkeys
post Sep 2 2009, 12:12 PM
Post #6

Vet Pro

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 2,491

Wait, they do this BMX thing on Motorcycles? I'm going to go check that out.

+Quote Post
HRPdesigns
post Sep 2 2009, 12:29 PM
Post #7

VBMX Hall Of Famer
Group Icon

QUOTE (NCBMXPRO @ Sep 2 2009, 12:43 PM) *
Its marketing 101........

Duh,

Gosh, our sport is so big, healthy and strong I can not imagine why anyone would market it to a broader audience. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/scratch_one-s_head.gif)

This post has been edited by HRPdesigns: Sep 2 2009, 12:30 PM

+Quote Post
lumpy
post Sep 2 2009, 12:59 PM
Post #8

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Member No.: 1,375

QUOTE (HRPdesigns @ Sep 2 2009, 06:29 PM) *
Duh,

Gosh, our sport is so big, healthy and strong I can not imagine why anyone would market it to a broader audience. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/scratch_one-s_head.gif)

I know.. After all, it not like we don't have a major pro race series selling out football stadiums week after week with major network TV coverage... Oh wait....

Brian

+Quote Post
WillMurray
post Sep 2 2009, 01:24 PM
Post #9

A Pro

Member No.: 1,344

Duh,

Gosh, our sport is so big, healthy and strong I can not imagine why anyone would market it to a broader audience.

Seriously, I know what you mean. Bringing in a famous motocross racer into the hall of fame is going to bring so much attention to BMX that I told the local TO to get extra rider packets for the new riders and get ready for the wave. I told him that it was soo worth it to bring in McGrath to the hall of fame because he has personally helped BMX ten times more than anyone I know. McGrath has probably put in tons of hours at the local track. He has probably helped rebuild the local track after every rebuild for the past 15 years. I bet he has gone through the neighborhood and put flyers on all the mail boxes and posted them at the local swimming pools. Maybe even stuck flyers on random bikes in the neighborhood? Maybe he even hangs out at a local bike shop and posts all the little ABA national posters on the front door even though the roadies at MTBers at the shop try to throw them away. I bet he helps the kids at the track every week too! He is such a great ambassador for the sport. He has done so much more than measly ol me. BUT! I still have more titles in BMX than him. I will hold onto that.

This post has been edited by NCBMXPRO: Sep 2 2009, 01:24 PM

+Quote Post
Bikemonkeys
post Sep 2 2009, 01:32 PM
Post #10

Vet Pro

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 2,491

QUOTE (NCBMXPRO @ Sep 2 2009, 02:24 PM) *
Seriously, I know what you mean. Bringing in a famous motocross racer into the hall of fame is going to bring so much attention to BMX that I told the local TO to get extra rider packets for the new riders and get ready for the wave. I told him that it was soo worth it to bring in McGrath to the hall of fame because he has personally helped BMX ten times more than anyone I know. McGrath has probably put in tons of hours at the local track. He has probably helped rebuild the local track after every rebuild for the past 15 years. I bet he has gone through the neighborhood and put flyers on all the mail boxes and posted them at the local swimming pools. Maybe even stuck flyers on random bikes in the neighborhood? Maybe he even hangs out at a local bike shop and posts all the little ABA national posters on the front door even though the roadies at MTBers at the shop try to throw them away. I bet he helps the kids at the track every week too! He is such a great ambassador for the sport. He has done so much more than measly ol me. BUT! I still have more titles in BMX than him. I will hold onto that.

Even McDonalds like to brag about who worked there in the past and is now important, no matter what their position was when they worked there.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 07:04 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees