IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

133 Pages V  « < 106 107 108 109 110 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2014 MIDWEST BMX DONATION PROGRAM, new things are always happening!
nvmyslowride
post Nov 27 2010, 09:35 PM
Post #1066

VBMX Hall Of Famer
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 21,204

Another happy customer....

(IMG:http://i53.tinypic.com/spixlc.jpg)

from what i hear, he has a huge padlock and washes and cleans it after each ride. NOT ONLY did he need some luck in his life like help like this, he also holds A grades and without being asked went and helped a person dying of cancer on his own will without being asked, taking care of the familys home, and after she passed still helping the family... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by nvmyslowride: Nov 27 2010, 09:40 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nvmyslowride
post Nov 28 2010, 10:56 AM
Post #1067

VBMX Hall Of Famer
Group Icon

Here is a Idea for what the retrobmx.com seat could look like.

(IMG:http://i56.tinypic.com/250nk3a.jpg)

These seats are dope!!!!

+Quote Post
nvmyslowride
post Nov 28 2010, 03:53 PM
Post #1068

VBMX Hall Of Famer
Group Icon

Some lucky kids life is about to change in BMX. In a few days buddy you will be getting a ALL NEW complete bike. Parts from Drive, animal, snafu, porkchopbmx, DK, S&M, just to name a few.. Cool thing is, he dont know who he is, or what he is getting!

+Quote Post
nvmyslowride
post Nov 28 2010, 09:16 PM
Post #1069

VBMX Hall Of Famer
Group Icon

copy and pasted from my other forum thread.

This is my first post on this board, but I want you to know how GREAT this program is!! My wife and I have 4 kids and I raced BMX for many years. It is the only sport I truly love. In 2006 I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and was not expected to live for much more than a year. It was at that point that I started contacting my old friends that were still in the business to make sure that if I was not around that my kids would have BMX bikes if they chose to race them. I hit a brick wall each and every time. One day I heard about the Midwest BMX donation program that Nick does and though I was hesitant to contact him, I did. It was the best thing I could have done.

Because I am living with cancer, money is tight and there is nothing left over for "extras" like race bikes. Nick built all four of our kids top of the line race bikes. They love their bikes and can not wait to get to the track to race them (my two oldest daughters have raced in the past, but our son just learned to ride his bike. Daughter #3 is hesitant to ride a two wheeler, but I am sure she will have it mastered not long after Spring starts!) Not only did they get new bikes, but Nick was able to get them jerseys, number plates wit our family's picture on the back and gloves. I know he is working on helmets as well.

We have not yet made it to the track since we picked up our bikes in October, my chemo schedule just has not allowed me to do that yet. The kids and I are all looking forward to the day that we can go.

I will forever be thankful to Nick and for the wonderful work he does with the Midwest BMX donation program. He truly did something that I was able to cross off my "Bucket List". I now know that if I am not here to do this for my kids, that they have what they need for many years to come.

Thank you Nick!

Brian P. Former ABA Pro and avid BMX fan!

This post has been edited by nvmyslowride: Nov 28 2010, 09:17 PM

+Quote Post
nvmyslowride
post Nov 28 2010, 09:48 PM
Post #1070

VBMX Hall Of Famer
Group Icon

From a post on my other forum thread.

I'd just like to say this program isn't something to be skeptical about. I emailed Nick, told him the deal that my buddy was full of natural talent and unable to ride on the a frame he cracked Friday night along with a long list of other problems which Nick has described in the post about him. Nick got back to me through email the next day and simply said to give him a call. When I gave him a call there was no question or hesitation that he wanted to help. I talked to him for a bit and kind of told him everything that was wrong with my buddies bike which literally was just about everything. The phone call ended with Nick telling me he'd be able to send a "care package" out immediately tomorrow as soon as I sent him a shipping address. The care package was going to be something along the lines of a frame, some wheel hoops and maybe a couple other things, I'm not sure. Before I could even got a chance to email the shipping address, Nick had called me back and left a message saying that he was going to go ahead and ship a complete bike to help my buddy out.

The bike turns out to be amazing, more than anyone could ask someone to give to them, and the only thing Nick is concerned about is getting the opportunity to see it in good hands and put to good use from videos and pictures. He never asked once about me covering shipping for the bike, and never even hinted at wanting something in return.

I'm blown away at what Nick was able to do as quickly as he did, I sent him an email not even expecting a reply, and he went above and beyond my expectations. It's not racing, but thanks to the program Nick has, a sickeningly naturally talented kid isn't going to be forced to quit or be given a riding handicap due to lack of decent bike.

If there's anything I can ever do to help out the program, I'm game.

Thank you for creating this program, I truly appreciate it.

-Dan

+Quote Post
nvmyslowride
post Nov 29 2010, 07:06 AM
Post #1071

VBMX Hall Of Famer
Group Icon

My Name is Randy and I own BIKE ONE a bicycle shop very close to where Nick is doing his program, You can find us on facebook to see it is a real store. What Nick is doing is indeed a service to the community and is helping many families fulfill their childrens dreams. Nick may not be able to control how many of them race the bikes after they recieve them but he is doing everything he can to see to it they have what they need to get started. He has impacted many lives in a positive manner and has a lot of people backing him at this point myself included. Maybe more people need to do something like this rather than being negative about it and it would be a great success for the sport of BMX and positive for kids everywhere.

BIKE ONE

Nick is a true hero in this sport ,I have never seen anyone go out of there way as much as nick does to make sure every bike he gives away is perfect in every way for each child.

In my 28 years being involved in bmx the last 10 nationally and the last 5 as a track operator i never seen one person do so much work and put so much time into helping get kids on the track as nick has.

Nick you have my full support and the support of Freedom bmx track in indiana any time

ED

This bike was donated by Nick to a local church " bikes and blades " youth ministry program, there are low income apartments behind the church and this bike is used by kids who don't have bikes so they can participate. This program has now grown into a city-wide event, and they were going to different churches around town during the summer.

SACK

+Quote Post
nvmyslowride
post Nov 29 2010, 07:43 AM
Post #1072

VBMX Hall Of Famer
Group Icon

IF SOMEONE WOULD LIKE TO DONATE, FUNDS ARE AT A ALL TIME LOW.

PAYPAL IS

ORANGESVTFOCUS03@AOL.COM

JUST MARK AS A GIFT AND IN THE DESCRIPTION TYPE IN "BMX" AND I WILL KNOW WHAT IT IS FOR. paypal wont let us use the wording raffle, or donation or they will shut us down again.

This $ will buy us the needed odds and ends to finish project bikes, like bottom brackets, headsets, U brakes, exc....

+Quote Post
nvmyslowride
post Nov 29 2010, 11:43 AM
Post #1073

VBMX Hall Of Famer
Group Icon

Just got word that the beautiful retrobmx custom seat will be sitting on a beautiful NEW Thompson 25.4 silver elite post. THIS ROCKS. WELL OVER $200 IN SEAT/POST COMBO FOR THE JAD RAFFLE BIKE..

GET YOUR TICKETS SOON!!!

The Thomson Elite seatpost is the standard by which all other seatposts are judged. Forged clamps, integrally machined head, and an elliptically extruded 7000 series aluminum body make the Elite and Setback Elite industry models for strength, light weight and ease of adjustment

http://bikethomson.com/products/seatposts/elite/

+Quote Post
nvmyslowride
post Nov 29 2010, 09:20 PM
Post #1074

VBMX Hall Of Famer
Group Icon

NEW FREEAGENT ELUDERS FROM BIKEONE MOLINE IL

(IMG:http://i52.tinypic.com/33ufv38.jpg)

(IMG:http://i56.tinypic.com/1zf0o04.jpg)

(IMG:http://i56.tinypic.com/rws2gi.jpg)

(IMG:http://i56.tinypic.com/91bb4w.jpg)

If you know someone at your local track who needs a bike, I have 1 new freeagent to ship. I am not going to build this one up. PM me with details. Looking for a kid who shows intrest, maybe uses a track loaner, and has no way to get a bike.

This post has been edited by nvmyslowride: Dec 19 2010, 03:25 PM

+Quote Post
nvmyslowride
post Nov 30 2010, 02:45 PM
Post #1075

VBMX Hall Of Famer
Group Icon

Odyssey comes through for the program once again sending High polished Jim Cielencki pedals for the JAD raffle. Thanks Everyone who is taking part of this. This bike is going to rock!!!!

+Quote Post

133 Pages V  « < 106 107 108 109 110 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2014 - 01:32 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees