IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
"Stompin' Stu" Is Gettin Close!, Only about a week to ship date. Order NOW!
MikeCarruth
post Aug 20 2009, 04:59 PM
Post #1

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 6,767

If you haven't taken the time to watch the online trailer for the upcoming Stu Thomsen documentary, "Stompin' Stu," now would be the time to grab your credit card, and click the link below (in that order)....'s ok, we'll wait....

...OK, here is the link: http://www.stompinstu.com

The film is by "Joe Kid On A Stingray" producers John Swarr and Mark Eaton, with Byron Friday getting his move-up points to the "producer's" line this time around (way to go By-rohn!).

Oh...why the credit card? Well, after you watch the trailer, you're GOING to want to place your order (which you can do on the same site), so we figured we'd just be proactive. The pre-orders will be shipping next week, and we want you near the front of the line.

It is also important to note that John and Mark are supporting the VintageBMX.com community by placing a button ad for the film--------->

With lots of driving coming up to year-end State races and Grands of one flavor or the other, this is the perfect "honey, you drive" entertainment.

Plan on hitting the ABA BMX Hall Of Fame Banquet in San Diego on September 17 because, aside from a "cast" of the biggest collection of BMX legends since who-knows-when, there will also be a special screening of the film after the ceremony. The PERFECT opportunity to get your Stompin Stu' poster autographed by most everyone in the film (including, of course, Stompin' Stu, himself). Some tickets are still available at: http://2009ababmxhof.eventbrite.com/

About a month after ship date, and you've had a chance to watch it a couple dozen times, we'll do a "Watch & Chat" where everyone watches the film while on the VBMX chat. Who know, we may just be able to lure some "surprise guests" in to the room. (Note: we also plan to do Watch & Chat's with "Ground Up" and JKOS--at last, eh S.Towne)

So, enjoy, and a big thanks to John, Mark and Byron for being "friends of Vintage!"

Best,

M
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OldSchoolRay
post Aug 20 2009, 06:18 PM
Post #2

Intermediate

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,325

Thanks for the heads up Mike.

In my mind Stu was the best Pro ever on two wheels and that includes Supercross/Motocross. MX Motorcycle racers deserve their due but it's much harder to ride a BMX bike than a motorized dirt bike.

Stu Thompson is the Dan Marino to BMX - period.

My 2 cents

This post has been edited by OldSchoolRay: Aug 20 2009, 06:19 PM

+Quote Post
MObmxican
post Aug 20 2009, 07:16 PM
Post #3

Expert

Member No.: 11,493

couldn't find the link to order the vid. the demo page would'nt scroll down. help!!!

+Quote Post
theranch
post Aug 20 2009, 07:48 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,404

QUOTE (MObmxican @ Aug 21 2009, 01:16 AM) *
couldn't find the link to order the vid. the demo page would'nt scroll down. help!!!

Visit www.stompinstu.com and there are two giant buttons to buy DVD or buy Poster.

+Quote Post
MObmxican
post Aug 20 2009, 07:55 PM
Post #5

Expert

yeah, i've been going to that link, but i can't scroll down past the view trailer link. i tried to shrink the screen with no success. i can see there is something below it but can't access it. there is'nt even a bar on the right side of the page so i can scroll down. hmmmmm.........? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) this is strange!

+Quote Post
theranch
post Aug 20 2009, 08:01 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 5,404

you guys don't see these? (IMG:http://www.stompinstu.com/buyLinks.jpg)

+Quote Post
MObmxican
post Aug 20 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #7

Expert

nope. those links don't show up when i'm directed to the link.

the page stops right at the bottom of the view trailer button, in fact i can't even view the word "HERE"

This post has been edited by MObmxican: Aug 20 2009, 08:22 PM

+Quote Post
MObmxican
post Aug 20 2009, 08:53 PM
Post #8

Expert

jeeez! just figured out that if i closed one of my tool bars at the top it allowed me to view the link. . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/good3.gif) thanx for the help though

i'm kinda confused though why does the poster cost more than the movie? 19.99 movie and 24.95 poster. huh?

This post has been edited by MObmxican: Aug 20 2009, 08:55 PM

+Quote Post
MikeCarruth
post Aug 20 2009, 08:56 PM
Post #9

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 6,767

Death to Internet Explorer! (right?)

+Quote Post
MObmxican
post Aug 20 2009, 09:05 PM
Post #10

Expert

YEP! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/diablo.gif) LOL!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 10:04 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees