post Aug 4 2009, 01:48 PM
Post #16

The other CA10

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,545

QUOTE (Just JeffB now @ Aug 4 2009, 12:38 PM) *
hero

HAHA!!! Whatever!

...and if you say the words "barspin" or "tailwhip" in my thread, you're banned!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
woodybmx86
post Aug 4 2009, 01:50 PM
Post #17

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Member No.: 3,714

holy crap..... I love, love, love that last 26" BMX picture. aaaaaahhhhg. I wanna go to some trails sooooo bad right now. BS, you do know it is raining really hard here in IN today... thanks so much. sigh.

BS can break out the style pics in less time than I can write a response. He IS the Vintage BMX hero.

the gorilla grip comes naturally now... I cant twist my right wrist, and I have twisted and slipped off the bars so much... lol. but when riding straight, I hold pretty loosely, since my elbos tend to fail me at random times....
I just habe to ride wierd. lol.

+Quote Post
BS
post Aug 4 2009, 01:54 PM
Post #18

The other CA10

Can we get a section on this website for "BMX"? I'm not seeing any.

+Quote Post
tlcrouch355
post Aug 4 2009, 02:07 PM
Post #19

A Pro

Member No.: 15,428

Thanks for making my torn rotator cuff hurt more.

Tim

+Quote Post
tsmith9233
post Aug 4 2009, 02:10 PM
Post #20

A Pro
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 14,905

Motocross is racing, thus bicycle motocross is bicycle racing. Those pictures are freestyle NOT BMX.... when it started it was racing in vacant lots and such, then freestyle was born from that(according to Joe Kid).... My family was racing motocross in 1972 and I was brought up on a 20" on a motorcycle track, that is BMX.....

+Quote Post
woodybmx86
post Aug 4 2009, 03:15 PM
Post #21

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Member No.: 3,714

actually, I can guarantee people were jumping stuff and riding whatever they could before they started racing each other. GUARANTEE.
You're wrong.
sory.

Racing is BMX racing.

The term BMX bike designates a certain style of bicycle. When soneone races a 26" MTB in a BMX race, are they Racing BMX, or riding MTB?? Obviously, they are Racing BMX. When someone does a gap down some stairs on a MTB, they are Urban MTB, and when a kid on a BMX bike does the same thing, is he Urban MTBing, or is he doing BMX Freestyle? Obviously BMX freestyle. Thing is, both riders, in racing or riding street, are RIDING. When a dude rides the trails on a BMX bike, or a MTB bike, is it any different? Obvioulsy they handle differently, as does a cruiser, but the basis is the same. Would the MTB guy then say he was BMXing, since BMXrs started riding trails before MTB guys? nope. It kinda boils down to what bike you are doing it on.

So in the end, when I ride my BMX bike, what ever i am on, I am riding BMX. And you cant tellme I am not. That is you, being exclusive, and that will really grow the sport. nice. lol

+Quote Post
BS
post Aug 4 2009, 03:32 PM
Post #22

The other CA10

QUOTE (tsmith9233 @ Aug 4 2009, 01:10 PM) *
Those pictures are freestyle NOT BMX...

All I see are kids riding mounds of dirt. That's BMX.

+Quote Post
lumpy
post Aug 4 2009, 03:40 PM
Post #23

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Member No.: 1,375

QUOTE (woodybmx86 @ Aug 4 2009, 10:15 PM) *
actually, I can guarantee people were jumping stuff and riding whatever they could before they started racing each other. GUARANTEE.
You're wrong.
sory.

Racing is BMX racing.

The term BMX bike designates a certain style of bicycle. When soneone races a 26" MTB in a BMX race, are they Racing BMX, or riding MTB?? Obviously, they are Racing BMX. When someone does a gap down some stairs on a MTB, they are Urban MTB, and when a kid on a BMX bike does the same thing, is he Urban MTBing, or is he doing BMX Freestyle? Obviously BMX freestyle. Thing is, both riders, in racing or riding street, are RIDING. When a dude rides the trails on a BMX bike, or a MTB bike, is it any different? Obvioulsy they handle differently, as does a cruiser, but the basis is the same. Would the MTB guy then say he was BMXing, since BMXrs started riding trails before MTB guys? nope. It kinda boils down to what bike you are doing it on.

So in the end, when I ride my BMX bike, what ever i am on, I am riding BMX. And you cant tellme I am not. That is you, being exclusive, and that will really grow the sport. nice. lol

Woody just hit on something... Too many people are so freakin concerned over a name... We have to have our little pigeon hole to shove everything into... I am a bike rider. I ride BMX bikes, I ride Mtn. Bikes. I ride any chance I get. If I can go to a track, I do it. If I can go to a skatepark, I do it. If I can hop on the MTB and hit a trail for an hour or 2, I do it. Put my son in the trailer and hit the bike path? I'll do that too...

Don't worry about what someone may call your riding. Just ride.

Brian

+Quote Post
Elvis
post Aug 4 2009, 03:43 PM
Post #24

Worst moderator ever

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 395

QUOTE (BS @ Aug 4 2009, 04:32 PM) *
All I see are kids riding mounds of dirt. That's BMX.

Yup, back when I was a wisp of a lad we'd take our stripped down English Racers and jump the stuff we built in construction sites and all that. We just weren't smart enough to call it "BMX." We were just jumping stuff, like Evel and the magazine guys.

Come to think of it the alphabet wouldn't be invented for several more years.

I was doing it right before a number of posters were doing it.

+Quote Post
BS
post Aug 4 2009, 04:40 PM
Post #25

The other CA10

QUOTE (Elvis @ Aug 4 2009, 02:43 PM) *
We just weren't smart enough...

Clearly. Oh OK, you were doing it right.

QUOTE (nickdawghaters @ Aug 4 2009, 02:51 PM) *
BMX is many things to many people and nobody is holier than anyone and gets to say what BMX is as a whole to the community.
(from another thread)

On this thread I get to say!

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th November 2014 - 11:06 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees