Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replica of my childhood frame was on Ebay, '79 Powerlite
DeanHoward
post Jul 28 2009, 07:51 AM
Post #1

A Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,066

It was there, I saw it. A Powerlite exactly what I raced in the late '70's. It was Red, and the paint was original. It looked great. I wanted to bid on it but couldn't. Building up an exact replica of what I raced BITD is something I want to do so bad right now. I watched it till the end. Even refreshed the page many times in the closing seconds. It went for $256.00 for the Powerlite Frame and Fork.

Waaaaaaaaaaaa!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/angry.gif)

One of these days.

Dino
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MadCowboy
post Jul 28 2009, 08:40 AM
Post #2

AA Pro

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 13,027

There are lots of those days. The thing is, the guy who won the auction may be trying to do the exact same thing you are, he just wanted it a little more. I have found, that if you REALLY want something on ebay, you post a bid that no one in there right mind would beat. It all depends on how bad you want it, basically.

Don't give up. One thing I have learned after 2 years of ebay addiction is, more stuff will come along, and yes, even another 70s model red powerlite. You'd be surprised how much old stuff is actually floating around this planet now with the innernets and ebay. It's like a kid in a candy store, but that kid better have his allowance with him!

Good luck.

+Quote Post
Surf911S
post Jul 28 2009, 11:51 AM
Post #3

A Pro

Member No.: 9,624

There are lots of those days. The thing is, the guy who won the auction may be trying to do the exact same thing you are, he just wanted it a little more. I have found, that if you REALLY want something on ebay, you post a bid that no one in there right mind would beat. It all depends on how bad you want it, basically.

Or, you can do what a couple of peeps have been doing lately. Just offer some inflated price to the seller, so the seller can, and will end the auction early.

+Quote Post
JAY MADDEN
post Jul 28 2009, 01:09 PM
Post #4

A Pro

Member No.: 11,527

You should have done it......I'm glad I did.

http://www.vintagebmx.com/community/index....wtopic=27034408

RV JAY

+Quote Post
mxer746
post Jul 28 2009, 01:48 PM
Post #5

A Pro

Member No.: 14,134

or you could sticker up your current bike, its not the same but still fun.
(IMG:http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r305/mx746/0707091636.jpg)

+Quote Post
Racer
post Jul 28 2009, 08:01 PM
Post #6

A Pro

Member No.: 6,493

I know the feeling. I have bid at least three times on araya 7b rims I need for my Team Goose. Every time it goes for just a hair more then I can afford. I have bid as high as 140 but usually stop at 120. Ive even tried bidding on a single rim somone always outbids me though.
One day lol.

+Quote Post
riderippers
post Jul 29 2009, 04:26 PM
Post #7

Intermediate

Member No.: 12,955

QUOTE (Racer @ Jul 28 2009, 10:01 PM) *
I know the feeling. I have bid at least three times on araya 7b rims I need for my Team Goose. Every time it goes for just a hair more then I can afford. I have bid as high as 140 but usually stop at 120. Ive even tried bidding on a single rim somone always outbids me though.
One day lol.

...Or do what Mad Cowboy did . . . Post on this thread and hope someone sees it. I bought some tires a year ago, I just recently found out he needs them for a build more than I so . . . whala he will be getting them soon.

BTW I would love to find a Maximum Cruiser, or mini along with some unstamped lg's for my replica mini-ripper.

thanks all

+Quote Post
MadCowboy
post Jul 29 2009, 08:19 PM
Post #8

AA Pro

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 13,027

QUOTE (riderippers @ Jul 29 2009, 05:26 PM) *
...Or do what Mad Cowboy did . . . Post on this thread and hope someone sees it. I bought some tires a year ago, I just recently found out he needs them for a build more than I so . . . whala he will be getting them soon.

BTW I would love to find a Maximum Cruiser, or mini along with some unstamped lg's for my replica mini-ripper.

thanks all

I will be forever indebted to you for that, sir.

Cheers bud. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 08:23 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees