+Quote Post
COASTY
post Jul 25 2009, 03:53 PM
Post #2

Old school fool!
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 6,193

Great build mate. looks awsome. Owner replicas are the coolest builds I reckon.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MadCowboy
post Jul 26 2009, 05:44 AM
Post #3

AA Pro

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 13,027

I think so too. It can also put you at crossroad like im at right now. I almost have a replica of my old race bike complete and Im trying to decide if I put on the suntour XCIIs for an exact replica or put some hutch pedals that I always wanted but couldnt afford back then. All the other parts were top of the line that I managed to save up and get, but some reason I never got the hutch pedals. Now I have 3 sets of them and some NOS suntours...decisions decisions...

Awesome bike man. I gotta ask though. Why are you getting rid of it now that you got it built? Ill probably die with my replicas. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
masterstint
post Jul 26 2009, 01:30 PM
Post #4

A Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,116

Nice bike Jay, I've been itchin to do an exact replica of my childhood '80 supergoose lately. Man was it out their crazy looking. All the latest trick parts on an older goose. Again, nice job!

+Quote Post
aluv
post Jul 26 2009, 01:43 PM
Post #5

AA Pro

Member No.: 18,549

Very clean looking! Nice job.

+Quote Post
FACTORYHUFFY
post Jul 26 2009, 01:52 PM
Post #6

Intermediate
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,517

TO MADCOWBOY-

I was confronted with the very same dilema. I originally had KKT Lightnings in (BLACK) on my Race Bike! Try and find some of those. And if you do, I will take 2 more sets. I paid a crazy ($102) for NOS ones. THE ONLY ONES IVE EVER SEEN ON EBAY!! I cant tell you how my attutude changed once I knew I could build it back to 1982 specs. I have bought a few other items that werent perfect matches but were really close. Well, those all went in a box and I decided to build it to spec. I only have to get ther black Araya Aeros laced to the red suntour hubs, and put on the Red Zeronine Stadium Plate and it will be ready to be introduced to all my BMX family on here! I cant wait!!

This post has been edited by FACTORYHUFFY: Jul 26 2009, 07:54 PM

+Quote Post
race_inc
post Jul 26 2009, 01:53 PM
Post #7

VBMX Hall Of Famer
Group Icon

From: Ottawa, IL. ......where Abraham Lincoln debated Stephen A. Douglas for the first time.
Member No.: 1,207

That is a really sweet build!

+Quote Post
JAY MADDEN
post Jul 27 2009, 11:08 AM
Post #8

A Pro

Member No.: 11,527

QUOTE (MadCowboy @ Jul 26 2009, 11:44 AM) *
I think so too. It can also put you at crossroad like im at right now. I almost have a replica of my old race bike complete and Im trying to decide if I put on the suntour XCIIs for an exact replica or put some hutch pedals that I always wanted but couldnt afford back then. All the other parts were top of the line that I managed to save up and get, but some reason I never got the hutch pedals. Now I have 3 sets of them and some NOS suntours...decisions decisions...

Awesome bike man. I gotta ask though. Why are you getting rid of it now that you got it built? Ill probably die with my replicas. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

just want to trade the frame, mine BITD was a 84 pro racer, not a pre serial expert.

RV JAY

+Quote Post
MadCowboy
post Jul 27 2009, 01:26 PM
Post #9

AA Pro

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 13,027

Oh i see Jay. I guess i misunderstood. Did you just put this expert on ebay? I seen one posted there recently.

QUOTE (FACTORYHUFFY @ Jul 26 2009, 02:52 PM) *
TO MADCOWBOY-

I was confronted with the very same dilema. I originally had KKT Lightnings in (BLACK) on my Race Bike! Try and find some of those. And if you do, I will take 2 more sets. I paid a crazy ($102) for NOS ones. THE ONLY ONES IVE EVER SEEN ON EBAY!! I cant tell you how my attutude changed once I knew I could build it back to 1982 specs. I have bought a few other items that werent perfect matches but were really close. Well, those all went in a box and I decided to build it to spec. I only have to get ther black Araya Aeros laced to the red suntour hubs, and put on the Red Zeronine Stadium Plate and it will be ready to be introduced to all my BMX family on here! I cant wait!!

Actually, there have been quite few KKTs pop up on ebay lately. NOS ones too. I think there are 3 NOS sets on there right now, in 3 differnt colors, if your interested in some.

Speaking of ebay, Did anybody catch the 3 or 4 sets of NOS Oakley B1Bs in the box some guy posted for 109 dollars on buy it now? I started to jump all over them and decided to wait cuz ive already spent too much cash on there this week. He has since removed the buy it now option and they will go for twice that price now. :/

This post has been edited by MadCowboy: Jul 27 2009, 01:27 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th October 2014 - 01:42 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees