Reply to this topicStart new topic
Columbus BMX Midwest Regional Roll Call
Ponch
post Jul 25 2009, 07:15 PM
Post #46

A Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,467

42 motos. Not sure if any pullouts cause I tried to pull out but was informed that since registration was over no refunds. Oh well. After it was all said and done the track turned out pretty nice and the race went off without a hitch. Started the racing at 5 and we were in the car with track bucks at 6:45.

results that I seen.

17-24 ex Frank Hoskins
41 over novice David Drury
35-40 nov Ashley Lutz by a large margin with Dan Barnett second
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chad750
post Jul 25 2009, 08:02 PM
Post #47

A Pro

Group: Track Management
Member No.: 8,838

You left out how you finished Kevin.

+Quote Post
DeanHoward
post Jul 25 2009, 09:05 PM
Post #48

A Pro

Member No.: 13,066

QUOTE (Ponch @ Jul 25 2009, 08:15 PM) *
42 motos. Not sure if any pullouts cause I tried to pull out but was informed that since registration was over no refunds. Oh well. After it was all said and done the track turned out pretty nice and the race went off without a hitch. Started the racing at 5 and we were in the car with track bucks at 6:45.

results that I seen.

17-24 ex Frank Hoskins
41 over novice David Drury
35-40 nov Ashley Lutz by a large margin with Dan Barnett second

Woohoo!! Go Dave Drury. I think Trey Clark took 2nd. He sent me a text picture of his 2nd place trophy.

+Quote Post
MaGoo
post Jul 26 2009, 06:22 AM
Post #49

A Pro

Member No.: 4,817

I got there yesterday around noon.....thinking this wasn't going to happen for the Columbus crew....pretty wet.
Troy drug the track for a couple hours....little wind and sunshine........it happened.
The track looked great....funny, it looked like it could've used some water by days end.
Great job goes out to the Columbus volunteer base.

Had a good time kickin' tires with some friends.....listening to Nathan and longere talk was pretty entertaining.

Wendy is still a sissy as usual.

MaGoo/365

+Quote Post
tommy2x4
post Jul 26 2009, 10:01 AM
Post #50

2x4

Member No.: 841

you had to be there to understand what the columbus track crew did on sat. praise is given to the track crews throughout the year on what a good job they did and it's all well deserved, however, what the columbus crew did would be something like a doctor bringing a person back to life...the track was simply a mess!!! some of the methods put in place were laughed at and many parents in the pits were up in arms about it, but in the end, the track was dry and allowed the riders to put on a great show!!!

i hope the nbl shows this facility more love and gives them a national...they absolutely deserve it. the passion of these folks for bmx is something you need to experience!

2x4

+Quote Post
shortgamer
post Jul 26 2009, 11:13 AM
Post #51

Novice

Member No.: 22,111

QUOTE (tommy2x4 @ Jul 26 2009, 10:01 AM) *
you had to be there to understand what the columbus track crew did on sat. praise is given to the track crews throughout the year on what a good job they did and it's all well deserved, however, what the columbus crew did would be something like a doctor bringing a person back to life...the track was simply a mess!!! some of the methods put in place were laughed at and many parents in the pits were up in arms about it, but in the end, the track was dry and allowed the riders to put on a great show!!!

i hope the nbl shows this facility more love and gives them a national...they absolutely deserve it. the passion of these folks for bmx is something you need to experience!

2x4

Yeah I heard some real negative stuff when Troy got the four wheeler on the track after the rain like"what the f*** are they doing" but I've seen Troy and the crew do it time and time again. Normally he would have let it dry a little more first and then pull it but I guess he felt there wasn't the time so he went with it. I had the whole crew of kids at the end of the third straight throwing the "turds" off the track and they had a ball while actually helping.(the "turds" where the rolled up chunks of mud that actaully looked like the name implies). All in all it worked out and was a great weekend!

+Quote Post
3DOORS
post Jul 26 2009, 12:35 PM
Post #52

AA Pro

Group: BMX Industry
Member No.: 7,557

Yeah I got 2nds both days, good riding crew.
My back is toast, not makin excuses.

Track crew and EMT's- You ROCK!!!!

Nate Dog Strieby layed it out todat in the older guy X class! Musta been the chips and salsa!!

Camped OS under my canopy all weekend, definately not back friendly, had a blast in columbus!!

MaGoo came by with his spawn/mini-me, good kid, despite everything genetic! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Trey

+Quote Post
indylodown
post Jul 26 2009, 01:37 PM
Post #53

VBMX Hall Of Famer
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 419

just got in from Columbus. Awesome weekend just chilling with friends and racing. Where to start friday evening 18 motos for the pre-race, track was spongy from the 4 inches of rain Wednesday, but fun time. Camping out the rains came in around 3:30am and made everything soaked again. Got up Sat am and mud everywhere. It rained a few times nothing major in the am but people still coming in. The rain quit and around noon they decided to start on the track. I questioned the method at first but Troy and crew did a great job getting the track back into rideable condition and was actually better than on Friday. Got to racing around 5pm under bright sunny skies and a nice breeze. Saturday evening was a good night for sleepin under the stars and Sunday morning we were greeted with bright sunny skies again. They ran a 3 moto system on Sunday which was cool in my book, still out and on the road by 11am. Great weekend is all I can say. The crew at Columbus has got it going on. The EMT's on the bikes is way cool and I think they checked on everyone that took a soil sample even if it wasn't anymore than to give them a pat on the back for getting back on the bike and finishing the lap. There needs to be more EMT's like this. Enjoyed hanging with everyone this weekend from 3doors, longere, Martha and Nate Streiby, Magoo, and everyone else that stopped under the canopy. My racing was ok but bottom line I just need more on the bike time. I give the Columbus Regional weekend a big (IMG:style_emoticons/default/good2.gif)

...just wanted to throw some props out to the guys behind the camera lens, can't wait to see the pics.

This post has been edited by indylodown: Jul 26 2009, 01:49 PM

+Quote Post
irodetoday
post Jul 26 2009, 03:14 PM
Post #54

A Pro

Member No.: 22,878

Thanks and Praise to the Locals from Pittsburgh, PA!
My wife had the 5 and 6 rooks there for some Regioal points. First let me say, you guys have some fast little ones out there. No doubt a testament to your grass roots Local program. Secondly, thanks for being so cool to my kids. All the high fives and encouragement from local Moms and Dads was amazing according to the kids Mom. This was the first time Wifey took them alone. They raced Fri and Sat. They loved you track and your kids. Columbus is definately on the schedule for next year.

+Quote Post
sb778
post Jul 26 2009, 06:49 PM
Post #55

Novice

Group: Track Management
Member No.: 22,085

QUOTE (irodetoday @ Jul 26 2009, 03:14 PM) *
Thanks and Praise to the Locals from Pittsburgh, PA!
My wife had the 5 and 6 rooks there for some Regioal points. First let me say, you guys have some fast little ones out there. No doubt a testament to your grass roots Local program. Secondly, thanks for being so cool to my kids. All the high fives and encouragement from local Moms and Dads was amazing according to the kids Mom. This was the first time Wifey took them alone. They raced Fri and Sat. They loved you track and your kids. Columbus is definately on the schedule for next year.

I would like to personally thank everyone for attending our first Regional.Had a wonderful time,met a ton of Great people from the Midwest.I cant thank or say enough about our staff,volunteers,helpers,kids ect.. the list goes on.THANK ALL of YOU for everything this week.Troy Waskom for an awsome job! you had to be there to understand,our track crew is fantastic!We have had alot of practice this year and commend all involved.Regional NBL Team ,Luann,Shelly,and Ron for all there help,knowledge,and support.Really enjoyed working with you.

Thank You!

Scott Brown

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 07:02 PM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees