Reply to this topicStart new topic
Columbus BMX Midwest Regional Roll Call
Dicta
post Jul 22 2009, 04:24 PM
Post #16

A Pro

Group: BMX Industry
Member No.: 7,019

If you guys need help...let me know. I'm sure that we can put together a crew down here to come up and lend a hand. (So long as it is unskilled labor and equipment operation) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Ed Reinhart
Derby City BMX
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
indylodown
post Jul 22 2009, 05:48 PM
Post #17

VBMX Hall Of Famer
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 419

I was wondering how much rain you got today. I don't know the exact amount but I know it rained all day here in the southwest corner. Glad to hear the track was covered that will help and I know the crew will have the track in good shape but one statement puzzled me.

More dirt was supposed to be coming and another remake was supposed to be taking place on thursday

Why would you do a "remake" two days before a big race. I can see grooming and small adjustments. Regardless of what you do I've been looking forward to the trip all summer nothing but good vibes coming from Columbus.

I plan on rolling in late Friday afternoon and I can lend a hand if a hand is needed.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
green hornet
post Jul 22 2009, 06:10 PM
Post #18

A Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,825

If you guys need help...let me know. I'm sure that we can put together a crew down here to come up and lend a hand. (So long as it is unskilled labor and equipment operation

Man thats cold.......True but cold.....

+Quote Post
headsnap
post Jul 22 2009, 07:20 PM
Post #19

AA Pro

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 9,771

QUOTE (green hornet @ Jul 22 2009, 08:10 PM) *
Man thats cold.......True but cold.....

yeah, I was really resembling that remark... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

+Quote Post
Andy Spurling
post Jul 22 2009, 07:27 PM
Post #20

Intermediate

Member No.: 2,275

We weren't going to remake the track just fix some issues. Troy and company are constantly making the track better. He just got finished with a complete remake of Cleves, Ohio and is always listening to make our track excellent. This crew listens to riders and tries to make a track that all will like. We are fortunate to have Troy Waskom as well as Clint Hobbs, Scott Brown, Tobey Oxley and many, many others that make our track what it is. This is the best working board I have seen at this track since Craig Kessler, myself and a hand full of others got it all going. Hats off to an awesome group. Come up and have fun and thank the many volunteers that make Columbus what it is.

+Quote Post
toxley
post Jul 22 2009, 08:25 PM
Post #21

Intermediate

Group: Track Management
Member No.: 18,258

the water is gone, we pumped all day. it just seemed like it was never going to end. we'll be out in full force until racing begins to make a great racing experience for all in attendence. as far as the track goes, it wasn't a rebuild just some tweaking. the rain kinda ended that thought, now we're just trying to get it groomed. troy will be there in the morning to work his magic. the ground still may be soft for those camping, check with one of the crew before you pick your spot. we'll guide you to where you won't get axle bound. it should be pretty good by friday, but we know where you don't want to be. camping and parking are free, but we will except any donations to offset some of the cost of trash removal, etc.. columbus bmx is not a low budget operation, we're a "no" budget operation, we survive only by the kindness of others, ridership, and our dedicated volunteers. it's going to be an awesome weekend!

+Quote Post
Chris C.
post Jul 23 2009, 03:10 AM
Post #22

AA Pro

Member No.: 10,560

Now I wish I was going, but then again, it sounds like half the guys in my class I can race at any given OH state race - lol.

Have fun gang. I hope the weather holds out for you. It is sounding a little iffy for the old school race in OH.

+Quote Post
indylodown
post Jul 23 2009, 04:05 AM
Post #23

VBMX Hall Of Famer
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 419

We weren't going to remake the track just fix some issues.

That's cool it was just the way it was worded and I had to ask (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Like I said I've heard nothing but good all year long and looking forward to the weekend. Hope its not to soft under the pine trees.

it's going to be an awesome weekend!

+Quote Post
steve smith
post Jul 23 2009, 09:14 AM
Post #24

AA Pro

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 14,600

I like the track ,but was wondering about that jump outta first turn is it still the same ?Was that going to be the thursday change?
Looking forward to the weekend ,thanks for all the hard work .

+Quote Post
MikeCarruth
post Jul 23 2009, 09:15 AM
Post #25

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 6,767

We will be there!! Where is everyone staying (who is hotelling it)?

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 03:12 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees