IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Official Rockford "Post Mortem" Thread, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (cue music)
Mirage1972
post Jun 27 2009, 06:19 AM
Post #61

Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 13,929

Wow, I feel bad I ever even suggested making it a different weekend! I totally understand now! It was just due to being so squeezed in. It's not even that it's so busy or the parking... to me, that wasn't too bad... just the lack of space for the displays is really a bummer. It seems like it's always contained inside that little arbitrary ring of trees. Or am I imagining a ring of trees?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rebel Rouzer
post Jun 27 2009, 07:06 AM
Post #62

AA Pro
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 834

Don't feel bad, you were just expressing your feelings on the subject. I think that's why Mike started this thread, to get a better understanding of everyone's experience as a whole. It's cool.

+Quote Post
oldschoolrider88
post Jun 27 2009, 09:19 PM
Post #63

AA Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,608

i say do away with the awards all together and bring it back to a bro down atmosphere.

+Quote Post
13thoni
post Jun 28 2009, 10:17 PM
Post #64

Novice

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,753

man... i didnt read ALL of what has been said... but got a few ideas of my own and some of my thoughts....

thursday nite at hooters...i had a blast! dumbest bunch of broads around! wow it was great! but buffalo wild wings would do good...better service normally and usually a little smarter.
fridays breakfast ...tooo early.. 10 am would be a great time... for me.. THIS was my vacation! wanted to try and sleep in just a little...make the swap meet at noon.. everyone has a spot and thats it..
have either a volunteer in the lobby on thursday if not for any other reason just to point people where to go once they check in to get their welcome bag...and in teh bag.. an itinerary for times and rooms about whats goin on... that was my biggest issue .. always had to ask someone and seemed like noone knew anything....another hotel that could accomodate us wouldnt be so bad...the layout of that place blows IMO...and they overcharged me and it took a few days to get straightened out and a huge lack of communication on their part...
spaces...there were so many different things about how one gets a space ...annoying! thats why i ended up with my dude brian... i didnt have a space.. didnt really understand how it worked
chill session w wilkerson ..on point! a few more chairs...but that was an awesome idea!
also maybe even talk to a few different strip clubs ... like free admission with weekend pass.. i know alot of people went(myself included) and i know alot more wanted to go...just throwin it out there...
saturday just ruled! a few minor adjustments that have been addressed already and sounds like the banquet will be even smoother! and its all about "THE TABLE!!!!"
an overall itinerary of whats goin on where and when would help us all... i would have loved to have some photos taken.. but didnt know about it until i stumbled on it and then it was kinda too late ... tryin to do other things... and a map from hotel to track
a map would be awesome... alot of us didnt bring a laptop and printer and nav systems are only as good as knowing the area...

overall i have a few ideas of what I am changing for next year and look forward to seeing alot of the same faces and even a few new! count me in!... and put me down for a spot!
im in!

+Quote Post
Guest_Iwantotbuyahutch_*
post Jul 7 2009, 03:21 PM
Post #65

Guests

Guys, I am blown away with the quality of the event you have going each year at Rockford. Looking from afar in Australia at the photos from the event each year really make me wish that I can get there one year to enjoy it in person. One thing that puzzles me though, and I don't believe this is an original view point, but why do you have winners and losers for the quality of bikes that people bring along? It seems strange to me to limit the potential enjoyment of some of the participants with lower budgets by attending the event without a hope of winning anything for the builds they bring along.

We recently had a little gathering in Brisbane Australia, and there is a thread with a link to some photo of the bikes and people and fun going on http://www.vintagebmx.com/community/index....wtopic=27033559 but it didn't occur to me until a week later when someone pointed it out, that the best part was there were no winners or losers. No prizes for who spent the most money or spent the most time working on their bikes.

We all brought along our bikes, lined them up, met and chatted, had a drink and a feed, tried to still ride them the best we can, fell off and bled (well some of us) and had a fantastic day all around.

So I guess, there is one small potential change you could make for the better, which has nothing to do with how much effort people put into organising the event. But congratulations for the effort you guys do put in to making the event happen! Well done! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 04:40 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees