Old St. Louis area tracks question?
Duck
post Feb 10 2010, 08:25 PM
Post #121

Intermediate

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,551

QUOTE (nhoward @ Feb 10 2010, 10:43 AM) *
Hey Bob, amazing to see the photos of the old trails. Not sure if you were there the day that Scott Lewis endo'd over the woops and screamed "King of pain" as he took a header off a tree. Ricky Barker, Jeff Thompson and I couldnt stop laughing.

Jeff Thompsen! I wonder how he and his brother Rick are doing. I saw Ricky on Facebook and hit him up but he never got back to me. Do you ever speak to either of them?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bbohlmann
post Feb 11 2010, 08:53 AM
Post #122

A Pro
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 426

QUOTE (nhoward @ Feb 10 2010, 05:43 PM) *
Hey Bob, amazing to see the photos of the old trails. Not sure if you were there the day that Scott Lewis endo'd over the woops and screamed "King of pain" as he took a header off a tree. Ricky Barker, Jeff Thompson and I couldnt stop laughing.

I was not there that day, but there were plenty of days that people and bikes hit trees at those trails!

- Bob

+Quote Post
nhoward
post Feb 12 2010, 07:10 AM
Post #123

Member No.: 26,211

QUOTE (Duck @ Feb 10 2010, 06:25 PM) *
Jeff Thompsen! I wonder how he and his brother Rick are doing. I saw Ricky on Facebook and hit him up but he never got back to me. Do you ever speak to either of them?

I saw Ricky in December when I was back in STL. He works out of state and commutes back and forth each week. He's doing good. As for Jeff and Rick, haven't seen them or heard of any news in years. Believe Jeff lives in O'Fallon.

+Quote Post
nhoward
post Feb 12 2010, 07:26 AM
Post #124

Member No.: 26,211

QUOTE (Duck @ Feb 10 2010, 06:23 PM) *
Noel,

I saw your comment on Tim's Facebook page, glad you joined. St. Louis isn't represented well on here even though we had so many racers back then. I was trying to remember when I saw your name on Facebook- you used to ride a Traker cruiser for a while right? I know we knew each other back then but time has me misplacing faces with the wrong names. Where are you living now?

Rode a Traker cruiser for many years then switched to a Cyclecraft. Stopped racing around 86-87 but still hv my CC. Didn't touch a bike for years following. Reside in Seattle for 4+ years now, love it. Water and mountains everywhere.

I forgot most of the of the past so it's been cool to relive it via TK's post and now here. Was great to catch up with Ricky over a few beers, he still remembers most of it. I will blame my recall issues on the last concussion.

+Quote Post
LouG
post Dec 20 2010, 09:55 PM
Post #125

Member No.: 25,348

Its always great to re read and view the pic. I am looking for two people from the 1980 year.

1st
Scott Noel he use to take me to just about all the races, I probably owe him gas money still !!!
A friend of Owen Dawdys he didn't ride like us, first name Frank and I think his last started "Z" he drove a 67 camaro. Anyone know his last name.

You know there was a bmx/ freestye old school bike show July of 2010.at ramp riders parking lot. I missed any true bmxers from this sight. They also have a old school city ride I think the 3rd weekend of may.

Lou

+Quote Post
TODDNICKS
post Feb 15 2012, 04:10 AM
Post #126

Member No.: 36,066

QUOTE (Duck @ May 19 2009, 12:33 PM) *
I'll ask around about the one you're referring to, it wasn't around when I started racing. Never even heard about it. I raced Plantation, Supercross and even the one behind the Venture (or was it KMart). Once Tim Judge came threw town, I guess on tour. He and Bob Hunt had some pretty good battles that day. But it was like racing in the woods. I can't even remember which Venture that was. Maybe Maplewood? Kirkwood? Been a long time...Did any of you guys race Archview Stables in the winter? Collinsville was alright but I only raced there for state races.

Maplewood, i actually was on the crew that built the metrolink extension right thru there.Sure i was making money, but it was real sad.

+Quote Post
PUNKAHONTAS
post Apr 23 2012, 05:30 PM
Post #127

Member No.: 21,454

Does anyone know an address or location for the Surefoot bmx track that was in Arnold? I'm thinking about doing a blog or something on the history of bmx in the St. Louis area.

+Quote Post
Duck
post May 8 2012, 11:07 AM
Post #128

Intermediate

QUOTE (PUNKAHONTAS @ Apr 23 2012, 05:30 PM) *
Does anyone know an address or location for the Surefoot bmx track that was in Arnold? I'm thinking about doing a blog or something on the history of bmx in the St. Louis area.

I bet Gary Anzalone would know. Dude knows everything about the early days of St. Louis BMX up until the early- mid 80s. Are you on the Missouri Outlaws Facebook page? Gary was a member here but I don't know how often he checks in. He and his brother post on the FB page frequently. If you want to know anything about Missouri BMX, especially the St. Louis area, that's the place to go. Several former national class riders from the 70s and 80s.

Here's a link- https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/185082378208890/

+Quote Post
PUNKAHONTAS
post May 14 2012, 10:31 AM
Post #129

Member No.: 21,454

QUOTE (Duck @ May 8 2012, 12:07 PM) *
I bet Gary Anzalone would know. Dude knows everything about the early days of St. Louis BMX up until the early- mid 80s. Are you on the Missouri Outlaws Facebook page? Gary was a member here but I don't know how often he checks in. He and his brother post on the FB page frequently. If you want to know anything about Missouri BMX, especially the St. Louis area, that's the place to go. Several former national class riders from the 70s and 80s.

Here's a link- https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/185082378208890/

Thanks, Duck! I am aware of the Outlaws page but never felt if I should request to join or not. Always thought it was just a private group of old friends, or something. But I have since read some things about it on here that make it seem more inviting so I will give it a go. Thanks again.

+Quote Post
Duck
post May 18 2012, 11:44 AM
Post #130

Intermediate

QUOTE (PUNKAHONTAS @ May 14 2012, 11:31 AM) *
Thanks, Duck! I am aware of the Outlaws page but never felt if I should request to join or not. Always thought it was just a private group of old friends, or something. But I have since read some things about it on here that make it seem more inviting so I will give it a go. Thanks again.

If for some reason you can't join up, send me your facebook profile and I'll invite you to the group. There's all kinds of people on there that are not from MO. Renny roker and Lenny Baticki have posted. Tim Judge is a member. No one is any more important than the others. It's a fun group. I like it because people like Piant, Kakouris, and a bunch of the really old school guys from the late 70s/early 80s post a lot.

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 11:46 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees