IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
intense dyna pep, was justabout arrested for giveing out free shirt at highsprings race
SFGuy
post Apr 6 2009, 09:54 AM
Post #46

A Pro

Group: Track Management
Member No.: 17,580

I'm not sure why I care about this at all, but what the heck. I'm obviously so brilliant that my opinion must be heard! (Yes, I'm kidding, please feel free to smile!).

My thoughts on the EZ-up vs BMXmom are that the two are separate. Having a tent with a name on it is no different than if it said Dallas Cowboys or Coca-Cola. Actually displaying products (like with the frame sponsor) is engaging in specific product promotion and can rightly be regulated by the event sponsor. If Company A pays $1,000 to display product, and Company B does it without paying, then Company A will not pay in the future. If the venue is valuable enough for a company to want a display, then the promoter can rightly expect compensation as the "creator" of the valuable location.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LACK
post Apr 6 2009, 09:58 AM
Post #47

J LACK

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,022

Ha ha..keep messing with the Florida boys..

"Promotion fees"

"vendor fees"

"teams"

"riders"

"its all abotu the kids" hahaha

This post has been edited by LACK: Apr 6 2009, 10:00 AM

+Quote Post
bmxmom156
post Apr 6 2009, 10:29 AM
Post #48

AA Pro

Member No.: 11,173

well i think theres a difference betw vending and "displaying". some frame companies arent actually selling product, showing it under a tent is more like it( simply putting it)

i remember at the grands a few yrs ago there was an area ( not vendors row) that we had to take the frames down since our sponsor didnt pay a vending fee.(we were not selling/vending) this went for the tire co mpany next to us as well... they were not selling tires just displaying them. if you want to go to dans or j and r and buy them thats the customers choice. they were not for sale under the tent. i really dont see anything wrong w/that...

i was thinking of all the races where ppl had give aways... when we were at az they gave out the celly smelly wipes... dont know if they are nbl sponsors or not... at the grands they have tshirt tosses, does anyone else remember give aways?? i know bizzaro used to give the energy bars away bitd....

when my son was small the nationals were a place to walk around and get all sorts of free "stuff"... the kids didnt care as long as they got stuff... like a big goodie bag.....stickers were a biggy, deoderant( remember the bags of right guard?), k chains, occasional tshirts, visors, all sorts of goodies...etc...

didnt seem like they were so paranoid back then..

+Quote Post
LACK
post Apr 6 2009, 10:47 AM
Post #49

J LACK

QUOTE (SFGuy @ Apr 6 2009, 09:11 AM) *
Our track actually has an insurance sponsor, and in the agreement it says specifically that no other insurance company can have signage or any other sponsorship at the track.
Ultimately it is up to the track (or in the case of a national the sanctioning body) who can post a sign or hand out product. I assure you that if someone attemped to do so at our track without prior permission they would be asked to leave. And that, Captain Spell Check, is how you run a business.

"And that, Captain Spell Check, is how you run a business."
OR NOT!

What a contract does is to limit opportunities. See economic impact: If single sponsor with lock out clause is enough revenue VS new participants, marginal buyer at 10-1 leverage, the sponsor dollars translate into over all economic impact greater then new participant, take it...but you need to justify it/share or you'll have dissent. The numbers become huge very quick.

BMX teams work on shoe string budgets and the love of team owners..So from the data I have seen quick back of the envelope, sponsor dollars with team workouts go to the 15-1 range. Of course that comes from elbow grease or out of pocket funding..

There fore the "outrage" at giving free garb away with the justification of anti profiteering laws are laughable here.

Some team owners have been known to NOT require all team members run co sponsor parts to earn a better team deal. They had to renegotiate the contract for a different deal. The result of those requirement/mandates are lower ranked team members subsidized the top riders. That is eco system of business and there is nothing wrong with that. However after quick calculations it became obvious Gresham's law would take over and team size would be limited. A big team is more fun....so are big locals and big races.. Get the Joke. All mandates lower participation and increase costs.

J- (Todd's brother caught up in worst since 1932) Lack

+Quote Post
TLack
post Apr 6 2009, 11:15 AM
Post #50

A Pro

Member No.: 14,743

The Houston's really love the team and will do anything for any of us. Even though some might take whatever they say in the wrong manner we personally love the support. They are very passionate about BMX and want it to excell in every manner. Unfortunately, it was my fault for not checking in on all basis and assumed that they would be cool about it because we have been giving out samples at the Florida State races. Oh well we live and we learn but we will still give out some samples for those who would like to become friends with us and visit our tent. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Bikemonkeys
post Apr 6 2009, 11:17 AM
Post #51

Vet Pro

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 2,491

So if I read this right the, NBL is truely damned if they do and damned if they don't. They need to sell sponsorship which it seems they did, other company doesn't want to pay but should be allowed to participate.

Now if I am getting this right, because I am not a current customer of Lack or 156, I should be allowed to take for free from their companies in the face of the paying customers as this will increase participation. Where should I be looking to participate in your businesses?

+Quote Post
LACK
post Apr 6 2009, 11:41 AM
Post #52

J LACK

QUOTE (Bikemonkeys @ Apr 6 2009, 11:17 AM) *
So if I read this right the, NBL is truely damned if they do and damned if they don't. They need to sell sponsorship which it seems they did, other company doesn't want to pay but should be allowed to participate.

Now if I am getting this right, because I am not a current customer of Lack or 156, I should be allowed to take for free from their companies in the face of the paying customers as this will increase participation. Where should I be looking to participate in your businesses?

No one is damned..I was replying to a dude that said that is how to do business... and instead of asking for whom..... sell a sponsorship at what cost? There are always costs.

I am not on the NBL or the track..they did what they think is correct.

If anyone is in the wrong it was the team for not properly securing the rights, permits, licences to hold a promotional event and video at the race.

Vendor fees eat up a teams budgets... therefore..... have a nice day.

+Quote Post
Bikemonkeys
post Apr 6 2009, 11:48 AM
Post #53

Vet Pro

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 2,491

QUOTE (LACK @ Apr 6 2009, 12:41 PM) *
No one is damned..I was replying to a dude that said that is how to do business... and instead of asking for whom..... sell a sponsorship at what cost? There are always costs.

I am not on the NBL or the track..they did what they think is correct.

If anyone is in the wrong it was the team for not properly securing the rights, permits, licences to hold a promotional event and video at the race.

Vendor fees eat up a teams budgets... therefore..... have a nice day.

Sorry I must have misread then.

+Quote Post
SFGuy
post Apr 6 2009, 12:02 PM
Post #54

A Pro

Member No.: 17,580

QUOTE (TLack @ Apr 6 2009, 12:15 PM) *
The Houston's really love the team and will do anything for any of us. Even though some might take whatever they say in the wrong manner we personally love the support. They are very passionate about BMX and want it to excell in every manner. Unfortunately, it was my fault for not checking in on all basis and assumed that they would be cool about it because we have been giving out samples at the Florida State races. Oh well we live and we learn but we will still give out some samples for those who would like to become friends with us and visit our tent. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Personal responsibility... too often lacking but not in this case! Thanks for that.

As an aside, I read on here all of the posts about how can BMX be more mainstream, attract outside sponsors, etc. The answer is to run as a business. Corporate sponsors do not care about the growth of BMX, they care about ROI (Return on Investment). And they expect to have their investment protected. If you think it's ok to just set up and advertise wherever you choose, show up at a professional football or baseball game and try it.

+Quote Post
longere
post Apr 6 2009, 12:03 PM
Post #55

AA Pro

Member No.: 2,605

I'm just glad the NBL didn't let me down by Pi$$ing Houston off at another race. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

I can sleep better knowing that as much as things have changed, things are still the same.

Longere

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 04:21 PM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees