IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
intense dyna pep, was justabout arrested for giveing out free shirt at highsprings race
DARIN HOUSTON
post Apr 5 2009, 03:48 PM
Post #16

A Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,313

tim i'm much better with money than with typing or spelling !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and the nbl took some from me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by DARIN HOUSTON: Apr 5 2009, 03:48 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
drown1now
post Apr 5 2009, 04:18 PM
Post #17

A Pro

Member No.: 8,584

QUOTE (DARIN HOUSTON @ Apr 5 2009, 05:48 PM) *
and the nbl took some from me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Man, they get ALL our money these days.

Yep.

----------------
Listening to: Machine Head - Clenching The Fists Of Dissent

+Quote Post
Dan Mleczko
post Apr 5 2009, 04:28 PM
Post #18

Intermediate

Member No.: 12,540

On a lighter note, the newest BT skips pages 59 through 70. At least the one i got. Not bashing, just sayin....

+Quote Post
DARIN HOUSTON
post Apr 5 2009, 04:52 PM
Post #19

A Pro

The bt changed my name this month to rob mcallister !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
TLack
post Apr 5 2009, 05:05 PM
Post #20

A Pro

Group: Track Management
Member No.: 14,743

It was a pretty crazy weekend. Alls I have to say is the race was fun until I was approached by the wedding planner about our sponsor (he was an event planner) This guy came up to me telling us that we had to take down all banners and blowups from our sponsor because Bawls is sponsored by the NBL and it is a conflict. The funny thing is that we are sponsored by BAWLS and we were the first team ever to be sponsored by them and they don't have a conflict with Dyna Pep at all. Well the wedding planner told me that Erma told him to tell me not to pass stuff out or have our banners up. I personally went over to Erma in the trailer and she told me that she never said anything and this was the first she has heard about the conflict. 3 weeks earlier I got a media pass for the film crew for Dyna Pep because they were going to shoot a BMX commercial to promote their product and BMX. Unfortunately after all of the drama they cancelled the shoot for Sunday. Most races outside of Florida that we travel to we bring 20 plus riders and their families. In Florida we bring anywhere from 35 to 45 riders to every race. Anyone could do the math and know that we spend alot of money on racing each year. I'm just a little disapointed because everyone says we need to grow the sport but how in the heck are we supposed to grow the sport on just discounts from product sponsors? Teams are getting cash from sponsors to promote their products and that is what we have to do. The good news is that I talked to the head cheese at Dyna Pep and a representative for the SSA and we should be able to shoot the commercial at the Florida State Championship and keep on representing our sponsor with product samples. What stinks is Dyna Pep would have sponsored the NBL but I know now that that idea went down the drain but hopefully they will stay with the SSA in Florida.

+Quote Post
DARIN HOUSTON
post Apr 5 2009, 05:13 PM
Post #21

A Pro

+10000000000000000000000

+Quote Post
bmxdad679
post Apr 5 2009, 05:14 PM
Post #22

Expert

Member No.: 19,887

NO WAY That blows after hearing this I'm glad that I stayed home. Sorry to miss out on a great track and good folks but it's getting harder and harder for me to keep giving them my money.TLACK how did the Team do besides getting shafted by NBL again?

+Quote Post
TLack
post Apr 5 2009, 05:18 PM
Post #23

A Pro

Group: Track Management
Member No.: 14,743

QUOTE (bmxdad679 @ Apr 5 2009, 07:14 PM) *
NO WAY That blows after hearing this I'm glad that I stayed home. Sorry to miss out on a great track and good folks but it's getting harder and harder for me to keep giving them my money.TLACK how did the Team do besides getting shafted by NBL again?

Despite all of the commotion and lower than expected point totals we won both days.

Thanks for asking (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
bmxdad679
post Apr 5 2009, 05:21 PM
Post #24

Expert

Member No.: 19,887

QUOTE (TLack @ Apr 5 2009, 06:18 PM) *
Despite all of the commotion and lower than expected point totals we won both days.

Thanks for asking (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Sweet hated to miss out out on this one but ya know how it gose can't trust the weather man.

+Quote Post
fogrider
post Apr 5 2009, 05:36 PM
Post #25

A Pro

Member No.: 5,792

Not playing the devils advocate here but maybe this was just a case of not paying vendors fees? Or mabye Bawls has an exclusive agreement to promote there (Crappy) energy drink and the NBL had no choice in the matter? Or it could be that this violates some type of local or state ordinance or health code and the police where just acting on there own. Darrin I can understand where your coming from but its kinda irresponsible to report on something with out knowing the who and why this action was taken and place blame. Leave that to CNN.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 11:47 PM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees