IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Is the 2009 SE 24inch quadangle really worth the $$$?
FIREHAWKMAN
post Sep 30 2008, 06:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,950

hey guys jason here from cali, just curious about the 2009 SE 24inch white quadangle, do you think the bike is really worth the 800-900 dollar price tag. i was going to go out tomarrow and buy the bike here in san francisco, they had it for 749.95 plus tax. i hear people saying that the bike is made out of china and is not really limited, but mass produced. also i hear people saying the bike comes with cheap parts, but i have the 07 pk ripper limited retro bike and i think the cranks are nicer than my profiles on my spec. s works 2000 bike. the brakes are not like shimano xtrs but they are pretty good, how about the frame quailty vs. usa made frames from way back then? i would just like to get some feedback, thanks.

This post has been edited by FIREHAWKMAN: Sep 30 2008, 06:44 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GFR Industries
post Sep 30 2008, 06:44 PM
Post #2

AA Pro

Member No.: 1,760

Somebody on ebay has 1 posted for $1999... I KNOW it ain't worth that! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/negative.gif)

+Quote Post
mushroomgrips
post Sep 30 2008, 07:23 PM
Post #3

Expert

Member No.: 14,363

QUOTE (Btpd22 @ Sep 30 2008, 05:44 PM) *
Somebody on ebay has 1 posted for $1999... I KNOW it ain't worth that! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/negative.gif)

Save your money.

+Quote Post
FIREHAWKMAN
post Sep 30 2008, 07:48 PM
Post #4

wow, i guess these bikes are really not worth it, but i see people saying what a sweet ride man, and then some saying what utter crap from china? someone help with some real feedback.

+Quote Post
juurdane
post Sep 30 2008, 08:07 PM
Post #5

Expert

Member No.: 13,800

I don't know as I haven't seen it in person to really question its quality.

If I like the bike, I'll probably get the frame and fork and build a custom. The $900 price tag is, in my opinion, too much for an overseas made BMX bike that will probably need some parts to be replaced in the near term.

Anyway, Why don't you check the Floval Flyer. It should have a lower price tag and the ride should be better.

JC

+Quote Post
jtack
post Sep 30 2008, 08:15 PM
Post #6

Intermediate

Member No.: 12,044

I think the new 09 24" quad is freakin awesome, definately one of the best looking bikes I have seen in a long time. BUT I would have a hard time spending almost 1k for a bike with mediocre parts. I think a lot of hype is surrounding these retro SE bikes and I think the prices have elevated to a non realistic level. It would be ALOT different if these bikes had top of the line components, at least you could justify the high price tag. As it is the only thing you are really paying for is the history of the bike, its not because the frame and fork are premium quality or the materials are exotic. For some people the history behind these bikes is so great that 1k for a bike is a little price to pay to travel back to the days when they were young. Just my .02 worth.

+Quote Post
FIREHAWKMAN
post Sep 30 2008, 08:16 PM
Post #7

okay here is what i am saying is that why just not also buy the frame and fork if it is cheap also, it comes out of china also, so what the hell is the differance if you buy the whole bike or just the frame and fork, it sounds like se should just go to hell and not make these bikes at all, because they are suppose to be cheap and they come from china not usa.

+Quote Post
King of Pipeline
post Sep 30 2008, 08:26 PM
Post #8

King of Pipeline

Member No.: 6,179

That is so much for a bike.. The parts better be on the highest end for that much....

+Quote Post
GFR Industries
post Sep 30 2008, 09:23 PM
Post #9

AA Pro

Member No.: 1,760

The price vs. value isn't what it should be when paying 800-900 for these bikes. I have an 08 OM that I paid $430 complete and for that price it's a good bike. I would NOT pay almost double for the same bike. I guess that's your answer.

The frame and fork look nice. The stem, bars, spider & especially the pedals on the OM look cheap and are commonly replaced. Something you don't feel quite as bad doing when paying $430 vs $800-900. Hope this helps.

+Quote Post
ufoDziner
post Sep 30 2008, 09:35 PM
Post #10

Expert

Member No.: 16,823

I've got quite a bit more than what the retail price is in mine. I haven't added it all up, but I think it's somewhere in the realm of $1600. It isn't white either.

(IMG:http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t350/ufoDziner/CIMG3234.jpg)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 03:52 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees