IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
The "Shout Out" Thread, Ever been helped out by someone, let them know here.
SimplyGroovy aka...
post Sep 4 2008, 03:55 PM
Post #1

Expert

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,499

Has anybody ever come through for you? Whether a big help or even a little one, if it affected you positively, let them know here. Give them a shout out and tell us your story.

Here's my story:
I went up to Reno last weekend for the Blackjack Nationals. Got in my practice on Friday and was getting ready for the pre-race. Just before the start of motos, I notice that my back wheel has shifted. So I get out the tools and start to adjust my wheel. As I'm tightening it back up, a horrible snap echoes across the back wall of the building. I had snapped the axle to my rear wheel. So I run frantically to all the dealers on hand looking for a replacement axle but no luck. So the next option is for me to hunt down a wheel to borrow. I start hitting up the people I know from Tucson, unfortunatly none to be had. Then as I'm freaking out about missing my first moto, I run into Shannon Gillette. Not to sure whether he was busy at the time or not, but he immediatly stopped what he was doing and proceeded to loan me a back wheel. Not just for that night, but for the whole weekend! I went on to make 2 out of 3 mains for the weekend and am extremely thankfull. You didn't have to do what you did, but you did.
Shannon Gillette, you are the man! Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 03:58 PM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees