80's Ohio racing stories, photos, etc
steve smith
post Apr 3 2008, 09:57 AM
Post #91

AA Pro

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 14,600

QUOTE (ssmith @ Mar 28 2008, 04:20 PM) *
Wayne /andy golobic,billy woods,billy jones,steve murphy,donny hier,spike hammond,marty yockle[his dad was the starter at all states and hilliard remember him?]greg beam i forget his bros name,jarrod pine,shawn bone,MARK DOLBY[ever hear from him?]doug zimmer seen him a few years ago,arron hido -forgot his bros name,jd finney,bobby miliken,billy norman and dad,mark flora,vince cowie ,troy hines and bros,kelly merryman,mike strachanski,yes big n lil nard,brian eversole,brad leach,matt henry, ill post more as they come to me

TROYS NAME WAS HERE I COULDNT FORGET HIM!
You other 2 [bros] were fast as heck too!
I was just thinking of Troy i was looking for some results of christmas race when we were on mcs and he won one of them and i tanked the whole weekend [accually from what i remember john purse rode me high in 1st turn in all my mains seems like i remember returning the favor and troy snuck by us both for the win...
I feel like a dummy cause i seen troy race in 2000 at the christmas race and didnt go talk to him[some other riders from ohio kinda ercked me that day-i was just watching]Tell him i said hi.I thought that was you and your son in the mains in 35-39 cruiser and the youngster im going to need a buddy in the class when i get out there im trying to shoot for bridgetown idk yet?

This post has been edited by ssmith: Apr 3 2008, 10:03 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hbr
post Apr 3 2008, 10:01 AM
Post #92

AA Pro
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 3,404

QUOTE (ssmith @ Apr 3 2008, 11:57 AM) *
TROYS NAME WAS HERE I COULDNT FORGET HIM!
You other 2 [bros] were fast as heck too!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Found it. Getting old I guess, glasses may have helped. Good to hear you're back riding, enjoy it. Stop by the HBR trailer at a race and say hi.

+Quote Post
GWBeerhunter
post Apr 3 2008, 11:02 AM
Post #93

Intermediate

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,171

Greetings Ohioans, Somebody on here mentioned a track in Avon Lake. From the mid 60's to the early 90's my family was there many times to visit relatives. From where the pool and ball fields are I would walk or ride my bike on a trail behind the church across the street almost to the rel's backyard. I spent many a day at the pool, sliding on the skating rink (winter only) behind the fire station or wading through chest deep water to fish behind the steam plant when the stripers were running, but with all the pedalling around I don't remember ever seeing the BMX track. Where was it...Thanks, Eric

This post has been edited by GWBeerhunter: Apr 3 2008, 11:03 AM

+Quote Post
borntooloose
post Apr 3 2008, 12:30 PM
Post #94

Expert

Member No.: 6,337

Avon Lake BMX track was off RT 83 & Lake rd. There was a park there with a pool & playground.
Jim Kavalec

+Quote Post
hbr
post Apr 3 2008, 03:08 PM
Post #95

AA Pro
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 3,404

QUOTE (ssmith @ Apr 3 2008, 11:57 AM) *
..............john purse rode me high in 1st turn in all my mains seems like i remember returning the favor and troy snuck by us both for the win...

Tell him i said hi.I thought that was you and your son in the mains in 35-39 cruiser and the youngster im going to need a buddy in the class when i get out there im trying to shoot for bridgetown idk yet?

Beating you and Purse was a proud day for Troy, we have it on film (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I'll tell Troy hi for ya, we understand how busy races can be. That's Tony in the 35-39 class, he's everyones buddy. I'm sure he'll remember you, say hey if you see him. I actually made hime ride a 20" at the Orlando national for the first time in 24 years (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Couple more pics from a magazine ad featuring Lausman, it ran around 2000. Troy said 2 seconds later him, Purse and Milham were on the ground. Way cool...........

(IMG:http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f67/hbrbmxtm/DSC00190.jpg)

(IMG:http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f67/hbrbmxtm/DSC00189.jpg)

+Quote Post
billythekid
post Apr 3 2008, 04:32 PM
Post #96

Intermediate

Member No.: 14,802

Jim K, you still have your harley? I see you about every 2 years riding pass me on Lorain.

+Quote Post
billythekid
post Apr 3 2008, 04:53 PM
Post #97

Intermediate

Jim K, How about that old skatepark in Elyria we went to and I went through the ice!! What ever happened to that place? I know it was closed when we went there (a little B&E), I can never remember where the hell it was exactly. And how about the Lake jumping off the pier in Bay!!

+Quote Post
billythekid
post Apr 3 2008, 05:05 PM
Post #98

Intermediate

And last but not least, how could I forget the big old blue caddy you had, exhaust fumes and all!!

+Quote Post
steve smith
post Apr 3 2008, 05:42 PM
Post #99

AA Pro

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 14,600

QUOTE (hbr @ Apr 3 2008, 05:08 PM) *
Beating you and Purse was a proud day for Troy, we have it on film (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I'll tell Troy hi for ya, we understand how busy races can be. That's Tony in the 35-39 class, he's everyones buddy. I'm sure he'll remember you, say hey if you see him. I actually made hime ride a 20" at the Orlando national for the first time in 24 years (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Couple more pics from a magazine ad featuring Lausman, it ran around 2000. Troy said 2 seconds later him, Purse and Milham were on the ground. Way cool...........

(IMG:http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f67/hbrbmxtm/DSC00190.jpg)

(IMG:http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f67/hbrbmxtm/DSC00189.jpg)

Ok i thought this was tony so this is todd?I remember you had a cool elcamino right?Funny the things i remember.You were the eldest too.Shame they dont remember how many times troy beat mike lausman im sure it was prolly 50/50 ...I also remember troy beating barry mcmannus some at hilliard [i had trouble beating mac only very few times]I will say hi i remember tony!
I was watching tony live on go211 at wpb didnt know he was in there til i heard his name still had a hard time iding him if you have a recent pic of him in uniform you oatta post it so well recognize him?
Wonder where this picture was taken at of troy- indy?
I remember racing troy at state races when i first started[maybe 9 or 10 yrs old like 82?] he was on sew ups and beat me very bad i think it was before my birthday like always ....i remember racing tony too kinda young at states and getting smoked by him!

This post has been edited by ssmith: Apr 3 2008, 05:50 PM

+Quote Post
billythekid
post Apr 3 2008, 05:48 PM
Post #100

Intermediate

Steve,
whats your email? got a bunch of pics to email you so you can post em here

+Quote Post

176 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 01:59 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees