33 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 33 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Arizona Racing Stories, If Mn and Mi can have them then so can AZ
Karney
post May 22 2010, 12:08 AM
Post #301

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,521

hay you guys Karney Puryear I was on the redhots team with two brothers tut and blar befor the redhots greenway auto suppli sponcer hay remember when
Kenny joines this is at unionhills raceway would win frist he would stand on his seat as he crossd the line i think he road for greenMMM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Karney
post May 22 2010, 12:12 AM
Post #302

Member No.: 27,521

QUOTE (oklahomavmxr @ Dec 29 2009, 01:39 PM) *
Do any of you guy's remember a guy named Randy Lee who use to race Mike battles alot at PXA on Union Hills RD., I remeber how fast he was and remember Meat Webster racing him also.

randy lee mike battles tony bell kenny joines buddy menenhall

+Quote Post
1motoxfox86
post Dec 16 2010, 08:44 PM
Post #303

Member No.: 30,463

QUOTE (Thumperpilot @ Feb 6 2008, 08:32 AM) *
Ahhhh, only a lucky few know of Meat Webster. I even stumped the almighty Johnny Johnson when I brought him up one time. I was like YESSSSS, I finally found someone Johnny Johnson had never seen or heard of.LOL!!!

Meat was the man BITD. THE first AZ. guy to take on the heavy hitters in the PRO class. A real AZ. legend!

+Quote Post
1motoxfox86
post Dec 16 2010, 09:14 PM
Post #304

I Remember "meat" before he even raced, showed up w/ a comb in his fro at the jaycees track in down town scottsdale. i have a lot of dirt on many friends from the east side racing from 75 to 77. Kris and Mike Bartlett were invovled with the kids as they sponsored many on there team/
Mothers custom moto crossers and we smoked all the other teams around the state! esp.green machine! Carl "Meat" Webster , tommy the frog barlett, Mike & Russ Young, Jeff the nose osterle,
bob crash lawerence , Jerry Byron. Carl and Phil Rausch are still my friends=Ray Fox...
More names, Marty Hassett ,Tim Webb, Bob & Rick Miller, Tony cholewa Iggy & Bobby lee Jackson , I think az 1st nba 1 plate was Dennis lee and we raced at the baja track down on thomas an 35th ave. I know Bob Jackson had a bunch of video from the legend city track and
i am visiting az. now and need to see if he is still around. Also there was a scandal with a racer who was a little older than he looked a got away w/ it one season until it got un-covered.
I won the ibmx state championship in '77 when Big ED timmson took out a super fast dude
from tucson and i got lucky that day, on chandlers race track with the bonzai, this was just before Merl mennega? started the aba... Can't remember the super fast dudes name..

+Quote Post
1motoxfox86
post Dec 16 2010, 09:39 PM
Post #305

QUOTE (mbattles @ Jan 13 2009, 07:11 PM) *
here are some old pics i found in an old shoe box this might be the 1976 state fair and a few pictures of the green machine riders. enjoy..

I think the 3rd pic is of george Faysak? and mike or russ young

+Quote Post
cheez
post Dec 17 2010, 08:56 AM
Post #306

Master of disasters

Member No.: 3,135

QUOTE (1motoxfox86 @ Dec 16 2010, 09:39 PM) *
I think the 3rd pic is of george Faysak? and mike or russ young

Russ Young rode for Green Machine we went to Alhambra HS together (class of 81). You remember Rodger White? rode for Landis on 47th and Indian School. I rode for Road Runner on 43rd & Bethany with the Payne brothers. Who are you?

+Quote Post
1motoxfox86
post Dec 18 2010, 07:58 PM
Post #307

QUOTE (cheez @ Dec 17 2010, 08:56 AM) *
Russ Young rode for Green Machine we went to Alhambra HS together (class of 81). You remember Rodger White? rode for Landis on 47th and Indian School. I rode for Road Runner on 43rd & Bethany with the Payne brothers. Who are you?

Hey Cheez, this is Ray Fox nba number 86 in 75 # 11 nba az in 76 , I wonder if there was 2
Russ Youngs? The Russ young and his bro Mike raced for mothers custom moto-crossers during
that time period and russ was into muscle cars like a trick 66 chevy nova. I rode for mothers early and Dennis parker of Profab later. i still have my old redline with v bars and gooseneck and forks, but it took a beating and has some rust now, damn. man you have brought back tons of memories, i was very quiet and did not socialize much, so i do not remember everyone and
wish i did. I raced 16 expert and was in the main at the state fair when John George jumped the start and had to turn around back-wards, everyone was watching including the racers and in slo-motion he turned around so fast he had the lead in 25' off the line, i got smoked. The day before the cali crew raced at baja and we did good against them. I believe John Bear and his dad had pictures of those days, just don't know where they are? On The 17th of Dec, 2010 i met an old racing friend on the streets in scottsdale, Todd Garcia! Do you remember an indoor race track down off mcdowell and 20th ave? there was a cool race early on and 1 dude was super fast, but he only raced once in a blue moon? Do you remember Kris Bartlett/ she printed out a bmx news paper for az in 76? I also have a bunch of pics, but i have to dig them up and post them in the future. One more person that had video and photos was Bob Jackson.

+Quote Post
Sporto
post Jan 12 2011, 02:34 PM
Post #308

Member No.: 30,749

I know this is an old post but, what memories you guys have stirred up for me. I used to run PXA a lot and the Great Roadrunner park track. I remember racing Jason Wharton and Jeff Moten all of the time out at PXA. I moved from AZ to Alabama back in 82' and when I got out here people didn't have a clue what BMX stood for or what it was all about. I know I still have pictures and paper clippings from both of those places. I remember at Roadrunner was always for ribbons instead of trophies, but it seems like every know and then we would race for trophies that were donated from Scott Ahart. I love BMX it was life, and I missed it so much. I have to look but I believe somewhere in my attic or in the corner of my shop I still have my old Blazer frame. I was sponsored by local shop in Roadrunner Park the Bicycle Factory (Jim Keller) was the owners name if I remember correctly. We had Orange Jersey's with Black Sleeves. Big Ed, Buckwheat running with the one Tuff Wheel. Those two could get it. I seen Tommy Baker was a name mentioned in an earlier post I wonder if that was my childhood best friend he was just getting into BMX when I moved to Alabama. This would of all been 78'-81' timeframe. Very cool site I will be returning for sure to stir up some more memories. Sorry for replying to an old post but, couldn't resist had to say something.

+Quote Post
AZ01
post Jan 12 2011, 02:53 PM
Post #309

Novice

Member No.: 27,944

FYI Chandler Bmx Reunion March 12th 2011.

+Quote Post
Dallis
post Jan 13 2011, 10:06 PM
Post #310

Novice

Member No.: 21,202

^^ be there. Hundreds of people last year...

(IMG:http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs481.snc3/26365_359842528139_655073139_4796224_6343286_n.jpg)

(IMG:http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs441.snc3/25348_1271195695729_1104967193_30647020_6715021_n.jpg)

+Quote Post

33 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 33 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 06:26 PM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees