B. Apold
post Feb 6 2008, 02:13 PM
Post #31

BradApoldSucks.com

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,970

QUOTE (cheez @ Feb 6 2008, 08:08 PM) *
No Shizit how did that happen!

Kyle was hit by a train after a Moto-x event.

Sorry, I posted before I saw what the ABA said. I think this happend in Southern California, but I'm not positive. My cousin knew allot about this accident. I'll find out more.

I guess I didn't know he was from AZ. Kyle was the first little guy ICON forsure. Before Skibel, Ames, Anderson Brown etc. I saw him race once.

This post has been edited by Brrrrrrad A.: Feb 6 2008, 02:17 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jbl
post Feb 6 2008, 02:24 PM
Post #32

Intermediate

Member No.: 14,039

QUOTE (bigwavedave @ Feb 6 2008, 12:43 PM) *
When you say Jason Ellis, do you mean Mike Ellis (Elf and GT). How about Eric Philliparts and D.D. Leone later in their careers. Scot Merick was a bad [please review the site FAQs] jumper, ABA used his pictures in a lot of their ads. If Ray Nguyen is the guy I'm thinking of, he was one of the best dirt jumpers I have ever seen.

Galen, I live in the Northwest valley now. When I raced I went to the the homemade track around 67th and Bell as well as the bigger jumps further north I believe, pretty often. Both areas were used when BMXA came and did the Dirty Dozen. Do you remember the exact location of these areas and/or what is on them now. Obviously the small track is more homes.

yes jason and mike ellis in fact i just found an old pic of mike today and one of his mom also! jason was a killer racer but he just kind of lost to drive to make something out of it.

Does anybody know how to get a hold of scott merick by chance? i wonder if he still has my old cruiser i sold him years ago.
as for ray nguyen if it is the same one. he used to live on the shea blvd frontage road between tatum and 32st. i dont remember exactly where. but i do remember when their parents would leave during the summer time his brother joey when climb on the roof and tell us when to throw the grapefruit over the house on to shea blvd to try to hit cars driving down the road! lol i am not sure if they raced really, but i mainly just road with them.

mike ellis first factory look was from CW he was riding the pro-motion about 2 years before it came out. they he gave it to me cause the whole deal didnt work for him with CW

This post has been edited by jbl: Feb 6 2008, 02:36 PM

+Quote Post
jbl
post Feb 6 2008, 03:17 PM
Post #33

Intermediate

here are the pics
Attached File(s)
Attached File  untitled.JPG ( 57.12K ) Number of downloads: 79

+Quote Post
cheez
post Feb 6 2008, 03:56 PM
Post #34

Master of disasters

Member No.: 3,135

OK jbl what are you doing with a pic of Mike Ellis's Mom. It looks like she's about to pop ya in da mouth, or make you eat that Kleenex (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post
jbl
post Feb 6 2008, 04:01 PM
Post #35

Intermediate

QUOTE (cheez @ Feb 6 2008, 02:56 PM) *
OK jbl what are you doing with a pic of Mike Ellis's Mom. It looks like she's about to pop ya in da mouth, or make you eat that Kleenex (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

her and my parents used to sit together quite a bit at big races,andi dont know why but i took a pic of her at one of them. i amstill trying to remember where it was that i took the other pic at! lol

+Quote Post
Thumperpilot
post Feb 6 2008, 04:22 PM
Post #36

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Group: BMX Industry
Member No.: 127

I was just talking about Kyle Fleming at lunch today. We talked about all the great riders out of AZ.

Jaydee Finney, Brent Romero, Jason Wharton, Fred Hightower, Mike Ellis, Jon Rana, Galen Starllet (he's known for his sweet mullets) Isn't he from Texas? hehehehe.... Andy Contes, Meat Webster, Jeff Parscale, Alex Pflug, Eric Philiparts, and the list could go on and on my friends!

+Quote Post
bigwavedave
post Feb 6 2008, 04:26 PM
Post #37

Novice

Member No.: 8,341

QUOTE (cheez @ Feb 6 2008, 07:51 PM) *
Dang Dave what happened to you? (your avatar)

YZ250+Whiskey Throttle=Unconcious on my back

+Quote Post
jbl
post Feb 6 2008, 04:27 PM
Post #38

Intermediate

QUOTE (Thumperpilot @ Feb 6 2008, 03:22 PM) *
I was just talking about Kyle Fleming at lunch today. We talked about all the great riders out of AZ.

Jaydee Finney, Brent Romero, Jason Wharton, Fred Hightower, Mike Ellis, Jon Rana, Galen Starllet (he's known for his sweet mullets) Isn't he from Texas? hehehehe.... Andy Contes, Meat Webster, Jeff Parscale, Alex Pflug, Eric Philiparts, and the list could go on and on my friends!

i forgot about Pflug what about matt love????? something i dont remeber his whole last name. chris riley remember him?

+Quote Post
bigwavedave
post Feb 6 2008, 04:49 PM
Post #39

Novice

Member No.: 8,341

QUOTE (jbl @ Feb 6 2008, 10:27 PM) *
i forgot about Pflug what about matt love????? something i dont remeber his whole last name. chris riley remember him?

I remember Chris. How about Shawn Laverty and Cabbot Peters. Cabbot always had a super dialed ride.

+Quote Post
jbl
post Feb 6 2008, 05:15 PM
Post #40

Intermediate

QUOTE (bigwavedave @ Feb 6 2008, 03:49 PM) *
I remember Chris. How about Shawn Laverty and Cabbot Peters. Cabbot always had a super dialed ride.

i forgot all about Cabbot! and well shawn is my brother. what is your name?

+Quote Post

33 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 05:16 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees