IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Raced A 2 A Day Today, Raced Peachtree City and Sandt Ridge in Ga today.
The Riddler Al-F
post Jan 27 2008, 12:36 AM
Post #1

Super Villain: Advocates Sling Shotters and Rides Clipped In

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,300

It was the first chance I had to race in the new year so I went for it. Peachtree City raced afternoon started at 2:00PM. I planned to wake up check the hotline and go racing, but I had unforeseen duties at work to attend to first this morning.

I got done early enuff and figured I could make the 1.5 hr drive to PTC BMX and race. I didn't plan as I normally would have because of work circumstances so I got there late and missed my first moto. However, no practice and killed a holeshot on random gate from the start. It was a nice day to race and PTC had 25 Motos for a single point local today. Lots of good racing.

then I drove over to Sandy Ridge BMX in Mc donough Ga and got another race in. it was a good night for the riders. The track had issues with equipment being taken from them but the crew is dedicated and steadfest. They improvised, adapted and overcame! overall, i think 13 motos tonight at McDonough.

As for me, I rolled up the day with a pair of dueces i think if my total points math is right. It's good to come out of hibernation and race!

I guess next week is Dothan. I'm torn between this and perhaps a MTB adventure race in North Ga next week.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BIGSARGE
post Jan 27 2008, 05:36 AM
Post #2

A Pro
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 7,788

Sounds like a great day!!! I am sure you felt it a little this mornig though. Wish I was back there with you brother. I have ran into Durbin on a few times since arriving...he is doing pretty good.

Keep the rubber side down...when I get back it is going to be on like Donkey Kong...so be ready!!!

+Quote Post
Chris C.
post Jan 27 2008, 06:45 AM
Post #3

AA Pro

Member No.: 10,560

We have been doing two a days at Cobra in OH this winter. I really like it when time allow as it simulates running 2 classes at a national.

+Quote Post
The Riddler Al-F
post Jan 27 2008, 09:07 AM
Post #4

Alright BIGSARGE, I'll keep training just for you brah. I hate to dissapoint. Tell Durbin I say hey. thanx for reminding me, I need to Email him a hi.

It's definitelygood training Chris C. This time of year is prime for running the occassional 2 bikes a race at locals as well. But as soon as that Georgia summer hits, I'll pass on that, unless bigger race.

Whoever is out there and can make it, come check out Georgia BMX tracks. Good riding and good people.

This post has been edited by The Riddler Al-F: Jan 27 2008, 09:09 AM

+Quote Post
MadCowboy
post Jan 27 2008, 11:19 AM
Post #5

AA Pro

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 13,027

Very nice!

Once the weather gets better here I plan on doing couple 2 a days between Desoto, Cowtown and the new track down in Austin. This weekend would have been a good one but a planned visit to the inlaws threw a wrench in my spokes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post
tomg
post Jan 27 2008, 04:43 PM
Post #6

A Pro

Member No.: 11,781

When is Speedway going to start up this year? Then you can get three within a little over 24 hours all within thirty miles.

+Quote Post
lukedogg
post Jan 27 2008, 05:01 PM
Post #7

A Pro

Member No.: 4,284

You lucky Dog.

+Quote Post
harper
post Jan 27 2008, 05:03 PM
Post #8

A Pro

Member No.: 4,658

QUOTE (tomg @ Jan 27 2008, 10:43 PM) *
When is Speedway going to start up this year? Then you can get three within a little over 24 hours all within thirty miles.

I heard the land for the Speedway BMX was sold and Rob Potter is not sure if the track will stay up and running.

There is a new NBL track in Columbus, GA

We just made some big changes to both ABA tracks in Cobb County on the NW side of ATL.

Thomas Harper

This post has been edited by harper: Jan 27 2008, 05:07 PM

+Quote Post
The Riddler Al-F
post Jan 27 2008, 05:48 PM
Post #9

You lucky Dog.

True, but I still have 1.5 hrs to Peachtree City from Warner Robins and 1+ to McDonough and Speedway. Albany's closer I think but not sure. they race every 1st and 3rd Sat of the month. It takes a little more thought with them as to when they are racing. I need to go just to see if I have a class there or not. I'm a little excited about Columbus opening up too.

QUOTE (harper @ Jan 27 2008, 06:03 PM) *
I heard the land for the Speedway BMX was sold and Rob Potter is not sure if the track will stay up and running.

We just made some big changes to both ABA tracks in Cobb County on the NW side of ATL.

Thomas Harper

Rob just told me that yesterday too. He wants to see if the new owners are friendly to the track or not at this point.

I hope it does stay open. It's a great track. Good technical skill track for pump/jump.

This post has been edited by The Riddler Al-F: Jan 27 2008, 06:00 PM

+Quote Post
tomg
post Jan 27 2008, 06:11 PM
Post #10

A Pro

Member No.: 11,781

QUOTE (harper @ Jan 27 2008, 06:03 PM) *

Thomas Harper

That would be a shame if Speedway got shut down. It's a fun track. Once I get my NBL locals in, I'll probably race locals mostly at Bradley and Ducktown because they're closer to my house, but I'll definitely get down to Powder Springs and Noonday to check out the changes. Thanks for organizing the Pro/Am races. I'll see you in Columbus!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 09:16 PM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees