Reply to this topicStart new topic
Buying A State Championship
oldfatboy
post Jul 2 2007, 03:26 PM
Post #1

A Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 462

How fare/right is it for a track to buy a state championship? Is there not a better way to figure up the points? Shouldn't you have to race at least one race to have your membership count. Just doesn't seem fair for a track that has worked hard to build up a great rider base, and then have another track sigh up all there cats and dogs at the second. I know its $ in the ABA's pocket, but come on..........

[ July 02, 2007, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: oldfatboy ]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bikesrus
post Jul 2 2007, 03:33 PM
Post #2

A Pro

Member No.: 5,873

...wow and I didn't even have to start this one...is this a track in So. Cal?

+Quote Post
BS
post Jul 2 2007, 03:37 PM
Post #3

The other CA10

Member No.: 3,545

I'd rather buy a State Championship than a Sate Championship! What is that anyway?

Sure, if they pay the fare it's fair!

Sorry, I know I'm a jerk but I couldn't resist!

+Quote Post
Elvis
post Jul 2 2007, 03:39 PM
Post #4

Worst moderator ever

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 395

*checks watch*

Well I'll be darned! It's time for the annual "Track X bought the championship" threads to start.

Where does the time go?

+Quote Post
Bmx Brat
post Jul 2 2007, 03:49 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,901

Must be Colorado were talkin bout.

+Quote Post
oldfatboy
post Jul 2 2007, 03:52 PM
Post #6

A Pro

Member No.: 462

Great job http://snakeriverbmx.org/ for honestly winning your state race.

+Quote Post
Kamikaze kid
post Jul 2 2007, 03:57 PM
Post #7

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Group: Track Management
Member No.: 9,957

Completely agree. I wish the ABA would review this process and make a few adjustments.

It's been the case in our state where we have three tracks, one which has the final every year. This year the same track hosted a National, additionally. Although I agree the top performers should be rewarded for their effort, I don't think the state final should be the reward.

It sounds like sour graps but it's really not. The track we compete against is clearly the best track in our region. That said, I know people are growing tired of the fact they will have to travel 2+ hours for the state final every year. I know people who are writing off the entire series because they know it will be the same old thing.

I would recommend the final be rotated between each track. The top point earning track would then earn an additional double point’s race. This would be a win for that track, as the it would be an additional revenue event for both track and sanction. I would also add that a track hosting a National not be able to host the state final in that same year. In our state it seems the rich get richer and poor get poorer. Granted Track operators must do for themselves and work towards having a successful program. I think a little more help from the sanction would be a welcomed addition. I just haven't seen a bone thrown in any other direction then one track in our area.

I make these comments with the utmost respect. I'm good friends with the track operator, and am a track operator of one of the other tracks. Big brother track has helped me allot and been there for me everytime I've needed help. I take issue with the format in which ABA employs not any one track for being more successful then the other.

[ July 02, 2007, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: Kamikaze kid ]

+Quote Post
Kamikaze kid
post Jul 2 2007, 04:13 PM
Post #8

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Group: Track Management
Member No.: 9,957

//Well I'll be darned! It's time for the annual "Track X bought the championship" threads to start. //

Guess it's easy to be sarcastic when you have two other tracks with slightly more then 100 points to compete with. No offense to these other tracks, simply validates my point of "rich getting richer while the poor stay poor"

Also not meant to detract from the hard work that track "X" has done. Just couldn't find any value in the sarcasm.

+Quote Post
Scot F.
post Jul 2 2007, 04:32 PM
Post #9

AA Pro

Member No.: 1,240

quote:
How fare/right is it for a track to buy a state championship?
By the way the rules are written, it is completely fair. Any track can choose to buy the State Championships if they want to.

As for it being right, some rule changes could be concidered. Wouldnt it be cool for the State Champ Finals to go to the track with the most actual, point earning racers?

+Quote Post
jeromefriesenhah...
post Jul 2 2007, 04:44 PM
Post #10

Expert

Member No.: 5,301

BS you have too much time on your hands, not like the rest of us that actually contribute to these important threads! Or is that impotent threads?

[ July 02, 2007, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: jeromefriesenhahn ]

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 08:47 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees