+Quote Post
D.Mitchell
post Jun 1 2006, 04:07 AM
Post #17

A Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,993

Bags
It happens a few times a year by weak riders and parents. Last year an 11 yr old ABA inter from TN 02 district, a few wins away from expert raced the rookie class at Nashville and won then raced expert a few months later at the ABA Vols. He is back down to inter so he must have reclassified. Its funny though when they come down to GA for locals they leave the cruiser in the trailer. Cheaters suck.

[ June 01, 2006, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: D.Mitchell ]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
it's allgood
post Jun 1 2006, 06:26 AM
Post #18

A Pro

Member No.: 4,888

I still like chicken....

+Quote Post
bmxbum1
post Jun 1 2006, 07:21 AM
Post #19

Intermediate

Member No.: 4,502

It just seems to be one of those reoccuring things. I see it all the time. I know of a kid that raced inter for 7 months in the ABA, yet continued to race Novice in the NBL. Ended up National top 3 as a 6 rookie in the NBL that year.

I suppoose I could have blew the whistle, but I didnt have it in me. The kid was only 6. Obviously, something like this falls on the parent. I'm not saying that this was done intentionally, but you should know the rules of the sport you participant in?

Sadly, this wont be the last time we see this post.

Joe

+Quote Post
HRPdesigns
post Jun 1 2006, 07:40 AM
Post #20

VBMX Hall Of Famer
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 4,211

Now I know a lot of this is done intentionally, but if the two sanctions could at least call the levels the same thing, it would help parents who did not know the difference to accurately sign their kids up. Think about all the times one person on here is talking Novice NBL and how irate an ABA guy gets thinking he is talking ABA Novice and vice versa.

Will that stop the bagging, no, but it would be less confusing to all.

+Quote Post
Guest_Bags1_*
post Jun 1 2006, 07:48 AM
Post #21

Guests

Joe,

You made a good point. I hesitated to even post this since the kid in question is only 7. I hate to bash on a 7 year old. But the reality is, this has nothing to do with a 7 year old and everything to do with the parent who is so scared to have their child struggle.

Aside from being in obvious violation of the rules, you know you would think the parent would want the kid to learn. I cannot think of anything in my life that was "easy" that I learned from. It was usually the things that challenged me that made me better or helped me. Sometimes BMX can be a good tool for teaching our kids life's lessons.....

Stuart,

I also agree with you. It would seem we could get consistent in proficiency names. I know that was not the problem with this particular case, but it is confusing nonetheless.

The other thing that irks me, is I wonder how Ryan Scott feels. Kid traveled all the way from NJ to finish 2nd to a kid all weekend that should not have even been in the class.

[ June 01, 2006, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: Bags1 ]

+Quote Post
Elvis
post Jun 1 2006, 08:13 AM
Post #22

Worst moderator ever

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 395

quote:
I hesitated to even post this since the kid in question is only 7. I hate to bash on a 7 year old. But the reality is, this has nothing to do with a 7 year old and everything to do with the parent who is so scared to have their child struggle.
The thing is, there's no reason to consider it at such an in-depth morality level. It's a matter of cheating, of violating the black-and-white rules in the book. Those doing so never have any problem justifying their actions, but that doesn't change the core issue of cheating.

As far as "the sanctions working together" thing, in the end it'd be a lot of heavy lifting to cross check and confirm (imagine a "Mike Smith" cross check). It's better, and easier, just to have users call it out when they see it, as Bags1 has done here.

+Quote Post
bmxbum1
post Jun 1 2006, 09:11 AM
Post #23

Intermediate

Member No.: 4,502

Agreed Bags. There's no question that challenges provide life lessons. It's something that was preached to me when I was younger and something I express to my son. At first he didn't understand, but as he rounds the ripe old age of 8, I notice that he is in fact starting to work much harder in all aspects of his life. School, manners, sports.

Make no mistake, I don't have a problem with you bringing this up. I agree with Elvis. Hopefully threads like this will correct a problem in the sport. After all, we know the sanction working together thing isnt going to happen.

+Quote Post
hbr
post Jun 1 2006, 09:44 AM
Post #24

AA Pro
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 3,404

Sad that this happens, sucks for the kids in his class.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------

I cannot think of anything in my life that was "easy"

--------------------------------------------------
Except your wife............

(sorry, couldn't resist)

[ June 01, 2006, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: hbr ]

+Quote Post
BS
post Jun 1 2006, 10:00 AM
Post #25

The other CA10

Member No.: 3,545

Mr. Pyper, Don't get upset. Nothing that Jerome Friesenhahn says on here is serious. He's from Bakersfield, CA just like it says at the bottom of his post and I'll bet you that his mother was never on welfare. Either that or he's completely serious. If he is then here are some other things that Jerome has said:

He uses a shock collar on his kid to get him to pedal.

On top of being on welfare his mother was also a lady of ill-repute.

What else? He likes to publicly berate his kid if he doesn't win.

So far I haven't found any of it to be true, although I can't verify any of the statements about his mother. He has said that his mother used to rip him if he'd come home without a trophy when he was a kid, so his dad would put a trophy in the car before they left just in case he didn't win one. Then he could say "look mom, I got a trophy" so as not to suffer her wrath. HAHA!

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th November 2014 - 02:09 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees