Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GT71XY
post Jun 6 2008, 07:17 AM
Post #19007

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,118

QUOTE (COASTY @ Jun 6 2008, 10:35 PM) *
Hey John, where abouts in Sydney were you? I lived in the Hills area.
Good to have you around here mate.

I live in Greystanes.

+Quote Post
QuicksilverBMX
post Jun 6 2008, 07:50 AM
Post #19008

Yipeee!
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 3,954

Welcome John, If you come back to Perth around November, we have our annual old school bmx bike show in Fremantle at the arts centre. Its worth the trip!

+Quote Post
GTHODAD
post Jun 6 2008, 08:21 AM
Post #19009

A Pro

Member No.: 5,269

Hey John thats all good but Im waiting to here what bikes you have or had and more importantly about XY GTs. Cmon spill.

+Quote Post
GT71XY
post Jun 6 2008, 10:08 AM
Post #19010

Member No.: 16,118

QUOTE (GTHODAD @ Jun 7 2008, 12:21 AM) *
Hey John thats all good but Im waiting to here what bikes you have or had and more importantly about XY GTs. Cmon spill.

Hi,

Don't think i'll be able to make it to Perth in November. Does anyone from Perth remember the BMX track that used to be on Marmion Ave just near Duncraig high? I remember going down there quite a bit back in the eighties I also remember when they shut it down and built a housing estate, look at that area now.

Only ever had a MCS Magnum, hoping to get myself a Hutch one day. I'm torn between my other passion though, Muscle cars.

John
Attached File(s)
Attached File  MCS_Magnum.jpg ( 78.21K ) Number of downloads: 21
Attached File  GT1.jpg ( 47.85K ) Number of downloads: 24

+Quote Post
Jet Black
post Jun 6 2008, 02:54 PM
Post #19011

AA Pro

Member No.: 7,042

Bradster , you guessed right , the senior ex Skway sponsored brother from Q who goes by the name of JC will be bending up exact duplicate 10 inch rise bars that have the same sweep shape etc as the original near unobtainable Santa Ana "bigger than GT Pro bars"
Rumor has it he is waiting on a programmable semi- automatic hydraulic mandrel bending machine to replace his manual unit , NB you can't always believe a rumor to be fact tho (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Despite the originals being rare , hard to find & greatly prized by anyone who managed to acquire a set (like Matt & I did ) I believe that making repo's of these particular bars is an absolute necessity for us oldskool guys who are 30 (something) years old at heart & still like to ride our 20inch VBMX bikes around in comfort.
The GT Pro bars did wonders for my riding & racing when they were fitted new back in 1981 to my race & skatepark bikes & it was de javue (sp) all over again
when I fitted the 10inch rise bars to the XL TA.
I seem to have physically grown a bit since I was 13 & these bigger bars are just the ticket to keep the bikes in our collection as much fun to ride now as they were ~25 years ago.

There is no fixed date yet as to when the 10inch GT bar repo's will be available , Matt & JC are working on a _very_ cool 20inch retro racing frame as well , word will spread quick enough when the bars are available (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Also I found this old photo to add to the series that has Coasty & Matt jumping over our old house , not too shabby , but I like the big air picture of me jumping the Opera house better (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

(IMG:http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c230/J1B/BMX/Old%20BMX%20hood%20Pix/homejumpyes.jpg)

JB

This post has been edited by Jet Black: Jun 6 2008, 02:55 PM

+Quote Post
Jet Black
post Jun 6 2008, 04:55 PM
Post #19012

AA Pro

Member No.: 7,042

BTW To John the "newbie" welcome to VBMX Australia home to Tuff Bikes , questionable firearms & muscle car lovers.
I can see that your XY is a fast car because its painted red , but if you ever want to lean how to get streetable mumbo , neck snapping torque & comfortable go from 0 to 100k in under 5 seconds using a 351C your going to have to fit an air compressor on top of the intake manifold (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

My "red" car is an XB coupe with a home modified "terminator" 650 holley sq bore , 4/71 blower 1:1 drive C6 auto ~2300rpm stall & a 3.89 richmond lsd at the rear. If you ever feel like spinning some spanners , learning about blowers , or chatting about BMX glory daze , I live fairly close to you in Silverwater.

Muscle cars & Muscle bikes go hand in hand nowdays with the price of petrol , then again if you have to worry about the cost of filling up a 130 liter fuel tank then you shouldn't own a V8 , blown or not (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

JB

+Quote Post
GTHODAD
post Jun 6 2008, 05:36 PM
Post #19013

A Pro

Member No.: 5,269

Any Melb guys want the heads up on a nickel supergoose w tuffs pm quick.

+Quote Post
redlineoz
post Jun 6 2008, 07:01 PM
Post #19014

A Pro for lyfe

Member No.: 2,519

OK... GTHODAD...see post 14922 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
cheers

+Quote Post
JMCGT
post Jun 6 2008, 09:30 PM
Post #19015

AA Pro

Member No.: 12,682

Cool Rod..
Thanks Stu..i will probably chase a red and a blue....i like the idea of chrome and red and chrome and blue
JB, i have a few sets of the big bars and find them hard to get use to...they are a bit too high for me when you have always had the pro bars..
In Gouldburn macca,s right now..good for the kids to run a muck..Sydney tonight..

+Quote Post

3807 Pages V  « < 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2014 - 09:37 PM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees