Reply to this topicStart new topic
ELF BMX history.
mr coasterbrake
post Aug 19 2010, 09:47 PM
Post #31

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Group: Members
Member No.: 249

a lot of other frames had those rings - much of the "GT" stuff (GT, robinson, auburn, powerlite), some VDC-made stuff, ELF, FA (even after the VDC split)...etc.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
danb
post Sep 10 2010, 05:15 PM
Post #32

Intermediate

Member No.: 18,921

So who owns the name "ELF" does anyone knowthe last USA owner???? or any contact info about them. I have KEN P but have not located him nor a phone number

Possably may be able to get this going again just a thought

+Quote Post
oldschoolfool74
post Jan 27 2011, 07:27 AM
Post #33

Novice

Member No.: 30,487

let me know how it goes i would like to help bring back a good quality product. but with good customer service unlike bullseye. they are horrible been waiting three weeks now nothing nada. i know sometimes you can buy the rights for nothing almost. cw racing is offering cosmo chrome a candy like anodizing chrome. its flippin sweet. it would be a good, everyone loves a good come back.

+Quote Post
markalanrussell
post Feb 14 2011, 02:55 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 29,519

I bought an Elf tractionplate 20" with a pair of Brand X titanium forks from Dans Mail Order in the mid to late nineties. It is indeed one special bike. And I still have it.

+Quote Post
Charlesl1
post Jun 4 2011, 09:22 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 32,467

With respect to my boy, and "dad", Kenny & Ken Sr., i'm FINALLY building the doulbecross cruiser frame you gave me 20 years ago. When i first moved to Cali, my neighbors were the Pendergrafts. Back then, Kenny was dominating the 10 & 11 expert class. He was riding for powerlite then, thats when they got me to start racing. Then "dad" came up with ELF, and the rest was history. Due to unforseen circomstances, it went under in 98. So this build is for you'all, Kenny & "dad". I hope all is well with both of you. Kenny, tell Tammy i said hi, & i miss you'all. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
ElfBMX1
post Jun 13 2011, 01:33 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 32,556

I still have my two Elf Doublecross 20" and Cruiser. The last time I raced I think was back in 2000 or 2001. I still love riding them around the city. I used to race them regular when I lived in New Mexico. Used to race at Las Cruces, El Paso, Tucson, and Phoenix when ever there was a race. They got a work out when i moved to San Francisco in '96 and raced at Santa Clara, Sunol, Napa, Modesto, Sacramento. And on occasion would go up to Ukiah and Lakeport. Fun times! Can't wait to get back into it all.

+Quote Post
danb
post Jun 26 2011, 02:44 AM
Post #37

Intermediate

ok guys i have had Zero luck locating Ken Pendergraft or any thing about ELF bike company. I am now more determined than ever to get this done. we have already started making prototype parts. We have an aluminum frame however im thinking that we will be doing a Chrome-oly frame instead. they seem the be the better rout and weight the same.

any help would be awesome in this. i would love to just take the name but i dont want to do that then have some guy come out of the wood pile claiming that i owe them money

I also need to find some Elfs frames so i can check them out for geometry and what not.

+Quote Post
Rodogg
post Jun 26 2011, 03:45 PM
Post #38

AA Pro

Member No.: 29,327

QUOTE (danb @ Jun 26 2011, 01:44 AM) *
ok guys i have had Zero luck locating Ken Pendergraft or any thing about ELF bike company. I am now more determined than ever to get this done. we have already started making prototype parts. We have an aluminum frame however im thinking that we will be doing a Chrome-oly frame instead. they seem the be the better rout and weight the same.

any help would be awesome in this. i would love to just take the name but i dont want to do that then have some guy come out of the wood pile claiming that i owe them money

I also need to find some Elfs frames so i can check them out for geometry and what not.

Its awesome that you want to bring back ELF. I've had my 6 pc bars for over 15 years now. I do miss that company. I see that your looking into getting the name for yourself and I see your looking for the old owner. I was just wondering if you have looked into who owns the rights to the name now? Maybe its been sold or sitting up-for-grabs in a trademark/copyright type office. There has to be a legal trail with the name itself. I would go that route. It could be imposable to find an old owner but if your looking to take a name for your company, the government has to tell you if its taken, and I believe "who" owns it is public information too.
I also saw you mention doing a chromoly prototype. I think being that ELF was so on top with tech back then that its only fitting to go the True Temper route if you do a steel frame. OX Platinum double cross, light and stiffer than a chromo with regular chainstays. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
danb
post Jun 26 2011, 03:47 PM
Post #39

Intermediate

the trail ends in 1998 then a small bit popped up when S&M bought all the tooling. However i had a break through today i have located the owner and i am awaiting a call back as i type..

+Quote Post
Rodogg
post Jun 26 2011, 04:00 PM
Post #40

AA Pro

Member No.: 29,327

QUOTE (danb @ Jun 26 2011, 02:47 PM) *
the trail ends in 1998 then a small bit popped up when S&M bought all the tooling. However i had a break through today i have located the owner and i am awaiting a call back as i type..

I got my fingers crossed for you

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 06:03 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees