7/6/07- 2Hip and Ron Wilkerson in Wallingford, CT
pjbaz
post Jul 1 2007, 08:14 PM
Post #1

AA Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,329

YO,YO,YO!

2Hip bikes and their founder, the great Ron Wilkerson, will be in Wallingford, CT for a show Friday 7/6/07. Show is scheduled to start about 6pm but it might be a bit early or late depending on the crazy fools who ride in it so get there around 5 for the best spots.

Anyway, last years event was of the hizzle as Snoop Dogg would say so load the truck and bring the family for some good old fashioned bike show craziness. 2Hip brings ramps and all the good stuff just like when Ron was riding BITD. They even play games with the kids.

VBMX's own "Loopy" (George) is the host of the event- because he runs the shop and invited the team. Although the show is slated for 6 he said everyone is more than welcome to drop by earlier and hang around the bike shop. I believe he's planning on bringing a grill down to cook some burgers but I'm not positive on that...so bring a few $$$ and get a sandwich from the Subway in the same plaza.

Wallingford Bike is located on Rte. 5 (North Colony Road) in Wallingford, CT 06492 for you google map types. It's about 20 miles south of Hartford and 15 miles north of New Haven. Located right between Rte. 15 (Merritt or Wilbur Cross PKY's to some of you) and Interstate 91.

Feel free to call George during normal bike shop hours- 11am to 6 pm- at (203) 265-2998 if you have any questions.

George and I are planning on having some OS bikes there so bring a few of your own and we'll make this a mini-gathering. Heck, bring your Haro Sport and have Ron autograph it!

Oh yeah, if you make it you can see George's GHP that took first place for survivor BMX at the Fall Brawl last year...I'm sure he'll be more than willing to tell you all about it-hehehe.

That's it for now...hope to see some of you MOFO's there.

Jamison
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Just JeffB now
post Jul 1 2007, 08:37 PM
Post #2

AA Pro

Member No.: 7,763

Man that sounds awesome! I`m sure the shop has changed since I last set foot in there, and seeing RW and the 2hip guys would kick major booty. Unfortunately a few days too early. Maybe next time...

+Quote Post
pjbaz
post Jul 2 2007, 12:06 PM
Post #3

AA Pro

Member No.: 3,329

Come on...it's a holiday week...just leave work early or something.

+Quote Post
loopy
post Jul 6 2007, 06:52 AM
Post #4

A Pro

Member No.: 3,731

This is TODAY !!! Let's do it up !!! Got a live band......Ron dropped off the ramps last night......

Any questions...please call me !!!!!

Big thanks to Jamison for helping out !!!

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 12:24 PM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees