24 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Rockville and Howard County, Maryland mid 83,84,85
Smagnuss
post Jan 12 2012, 08:02 PM
Post #226

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,815

OMG, those photos bring back so many memories. I raced Howard county almost every weekend, and won MD state championship in ''85 or '86. I remember traveling in the Winnebego with Billy Allen and Billy Chandler, and playing grabass with some trailer park girls.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AnthonyLBrice
post Aug 7 2012, 02:58 PM
Post #227

Member No.: 22,532

QUOTE (Kazman @ Mar 5 2009, 01:54 AM) *
Is Billy racing again? Anyone know the whereabouts of Danny Nash or Anthony Brice?

Hi Kazman!

I'm still around in the Maryland area!

+Quote Post
AnthonyLBrice
post Aug 7 2012, 03:01 PM
Post #228

QUOTE (Kazman @ Jan 20 2007, 02:57 PM) *
I'm looking for all the Rockville BMX heads and Howard County racers from this era. Some of the names that come to mind and in no particular order are:

Jay Metzler, Mike Wheeler, Scooby, Spike Jonze, Anthony Brice, Danny Nash, Greg Raiford, Tom Weston, Bruce Bagley, Billy Fitzhugh, and Chris Boudreaux.

In particular I raced in the same class against Raiford, Fitzhugh and Weston.

What a great website! It's great to see all the vintage photos from ages ago! WOW! Where did the time go.

I have a few photos from the rack track. I'll try to get them scanned and uploaded soon.

+Quote Post
AnthonyLBrice
post Aug 7 2012, 03:05 PM
Post #229

QUOTE (Theked @ Feb 9 2010, 07:49 PM) *
What's up Nubby!
It's Keith Davidson we used to hang out in the late 80's and early 90's when I lived with your ex Julie in Aspen Hill! I was just geeking out and found this site. Whats up with Scoobs/Malcom/at al!?!?

That was the killer jump. Smooth and positioned perfectly for jumps.

Got some great photos from that era.

QUOTE (lvm @ Apr 17 2011, 05:39 PM) *
BMX Reunion!

Jeff Kerr is hosting a reunion for riders in the MD/VA/DC/PA area in July. See flyer for details. Help spread the word!

Larry Von Moss

(IMG:https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_ikhA_Zd7PjU/Tatsbx148qI/AAAAAAAABz0/yRfxG1lIJAI/s640/MDBMXReunion.jpg)

If there is another date for a BMX reunion, let me know! I'll be there!

QUOTE (AZBMXER @ May 2 2009, 01:29 AM) *
(IMG:http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv66/azbmxer/My%20BMX%20Photos/HowardCountyGoldCup2.jpg)

My mom found some old photos. This is from the 1987 Howard County Gold Cup. In the photo, Team Rockville BMX, Anthony Tucker, Michael Dawson, Anthony Brice, Oba Harris, ?, Shellie Harris, Me (Robert Dawson). Front row: Eugene, Baby Brice, Momma Brice, Anwar Pleasants. I had the most fun with this group. I was excited to have won the biggest trophy this day.

(IMG:http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv66/azbmxer/HowardCountyGoldCup.jpg)

Very cool! I have photos from that day too and the team trophy.

+Quote Post
AnthonyLBrice
post Aug 7 2012, 03:11 PM
Post #230

QUOTE (AnthonyLBrice @ Jul 6 2009, 09:10 PM) *
Hi! It's good to hear from you again! You mentioned that there are races still in Southern Maryland. I would like to come out one weekend. Are they held on Saturday or Sunday? Can you forward me the address.

Thanks so much for the invite!

+Quote Post
Rockville
post Aug 8 2012, 08:47 AM
Post #231

Member No.: 38,219

QUOTE (Kazman @ Jan 20 2007, 04:57 PM) *
I'm looking for all the Rockville BMX heads and Howard County racers from this era. Some of the names that come to mind and in no particular order are:

Jay Metzler, Mike Wheeler, Scooby, Spike Jonze, Anthony Brice, Danny Nash, Greg Raiford, Tom Weston, Bruce Bagley, Billy Fitzhugh, and Chris Boudreaux.

In particular I raced in the same class against Raiford, Fitzhugh and Weston.

I just found this site, Awesome!!! I raced at Rockville and Howard. I sure remember a few of the names you posted, Mike Wheeler, Scooby, Spike (Adam) Jonze.They all worked at Rockville BMX. Anyone ever ride at the home made track right by Connecticut Avenue by the bridge in Aspen Hill???? Those were great days!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
AnthonyLBrice
post Aug 8 2012, 12:50 PM
Post #232

QUOTE (Rockville @ Aug 8 2012, 09:47 AM) *
I just found this site, Awesome!!! I raced at Rockville and Howard. I sure remember a few of the names you posted, Mike Wheeler, Scooby, Spike (Adam) Jonze.They all worked at Rockville BMX. Anyone ever ride at the home made track right by Connecticut Avenue by the bridge in Aspen Hill???? Those were great days!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Ah yes! I remember that track. You are so right. I totally miss those days.

But, I'm looking forward to getting back into BMX.

Currently looking for a new 24' cruiser to purchase.

Any recommendations?

+Quote Post
Rodney2k6
post Aug 8 2012, 03:34 PM
Post #233

Member No.: 9,918

This isnt Rocky Rice in the video racing Kent. Its his brother Rodney. I was 38 and finished 2nd at the grands and National # 2 that year then stopped racing. after 6 years of not touching a bike, I just go a new 20 at age 44 and started racing again 3 months ago. Went to South Park national and made the main. I just got back from Pottstown this weekend for a national and got 2nd on saturday out of 16 riders and 1st Sunday out of 15 riders. Dont know why I ever stopped racing after 06 but wish i didnt.

QUOTE (DeLuxxBmxMidWest @ Feb 8 2009, 03:06 PM) *
Apparently he's still racing!
Rocky Rice and Kent Gordy in 35 & over novice main at 2006 NBL Grand National

Dogan "Shot From Guns" Gunnesever of northern VA is on Facebook (as well as Dennis and Walter). His old Redline from BITD is completely preserved.

This post has been edited by Rodney2k6: Aug 8 2012, 03:35 PM

+Quote Post
Rodney2k6
post Aug 9 2012, 10:48 AM
Post #234

Member No.: 9,918

QUOTE (Rodney2k6 @ Aug 8 2012, 09:34 PM) *
This isnt Rocky Rice in the video racing Kent. Its his brother Rodney. I was 38 and finished 2nd at the grands and National # 2 that year then stopped racing. after 6 years of not touching a bike, I just go a new 20 at age 44 and started racing again 3 months ago. Went to South Park national and made the main. I just got back from Pottstown this weekend for a national and got 2nd on saturday out of 16 riders and 1st Sunday out of 15 riders. Dont know why I ever stopped racing after 06 but wish i didnt. I see Joey Lyons at the track. He is trying to get his son into the sport. I have my daughter and son in the sport and the love it like I do. Best sport ever. A few pictures from a National last weekend at PA at the age of 44 still getting it done. I'm number 458 in the red black and white riding the white 2012 Redline Flight with the googlesAttached File  IMG956417.jpg ( 96.02K ) Number of downloads: 24
Attached File  1344277573280.jpg ( 31.16K ) Number of downloads: 17
[atta
ch
ment=14745:1344277573672.jpg]

This post has been edited by Rodney2k6: Aug 9 2012, 10:50 AM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  1344277573672.jpg ( 27.7K ) Number of downloads: 22

+Quote Post
ThePelican
post Feb 19 2013, 12:31 AM
Post #235

Member No.: 23,194

Hello all. Just found this post after searching for "Ripp Plate" on here. Wow, can't explain how stoked I was to read this thread. Oh, this is Lloyd Welch, I used to race Columbia back in the early 90's. I used to hang out with Donnie Woolford, Phil Downell, Shawn Moore (or Johnson depending on when you knew him) Andy Goglia, Joel Cleare, Howie Dublin, Nate Shearer, Brian Green, Gordy Tyler Lamar Davis and many more. I recently ran into Shannon Gillette while out on the national circuit ( I wrench for Powers Bike Shop ) and heard about a few of the old names from him, but this thread really took me back. Anyone remember the 1990 East Coast Nationals when the rain hit on Sunday and they ran the race anyway? Richie Matthews ended up winning one of his pro motos largely due to a big pile up at the water jump. We almost went hoarse cheering for him that race. Also, someone mentioned that Andy Goglia owns a bike shop in Md. Does anyone have the name and/or number to this shop?

This post has been edited by ThePelican: Feb 19 2013, 12:36 AM

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 10:56 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees