Reply to this topicStart new topic
Greatest announcers ever!
bmxgirlmom
post May 1 2014, 02:46 PM
Post #21

A Pro

Group: Track Management
Member No.: 13,035

The one and only Linda Dorsey, Roger Plaskett, and Lou Mota. I've heard others, but a lot of them drown themselves out by eating the microphone while trying to talk.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
iamthestig
post May 1 2014, 05:38 PM
Post #22

Novice

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,688

I'm gonna add Rockford Rich to the mix as well, but hey I may be a little biased as the Rock is my home track. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Stileman
post May 1 2014, 10:07 PM
Post #23

AA Pro

Member No.: 18,091

QUOTE (iamthestig @ May 1 2014, 05:38 PM) *
I'm gonna add Rockford Rich to the mix as well, but hey I may be a little biased as the Rock is my home track. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Over the Lambeau Leap into beeeeeermzilla, out of the graveyard turn over the tombstones and the Rockness Monster

+Quote Post
HRPdesigns
post May 2 2014, 08:39 AM
Post #24

VBMX Hall Of Famer
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 4,211

I choose the following and each for different reasons.

Lenny Batycki - My all time favorite because he was the voice of BMX when I was growing up. He had a cadence that was very distinct and i used to imitate his style when I announced at locals. Personally, I have nominated him for the hall of fame at least three times, but he has not made the ballet yet. Regardless he deserves to be there.

Jim Reilly - not flashy, but let you know what was going on with a little humor thrown in and was very clear when he announced. He was the voice of the ABA since I started racing there in 2005.

Tim Huff - many have probably heard him but may not know it was him. Based out of the ATL area, Tim has called many NBL nationals and brought a wicked humor to his craft. Unfortunately since the merger he has been heard less and less.

Mike Redman - Mike has the best stories about the pros when he calls races, not so much about calling the race, but give insight that others don't.

up and comers, Pischke and Roybal plus several others that I have heard lately that I have not met yet. I have to admit, it has been a while since I heard a bad announcer at a USABMX event.

Honorable mention to Opie, Jimmy Monroe. Very distinctive voice and solid delivery, to many he was a love or hate announcer when I talked to others, I really liked the guy and his announcing was not half bad either, lol.

This post has been edited by HRPdesigns: May 8 2014, 02:33 PM

+Quote Post
Kamikaze kid
post May 8 2014, 11:24 AM
Post #25

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Member No.: 9,957

Pretty stoked about being considered an "up & comer" by Stu...

My favorites have always been Jim & Bone.....When they're on the mic together they've got such a rad synergy between their styles....

Back in the NBL days (where I got my start) I really like this dude from up in Connecticut who did allot of Nationals..Think his name was Jeff.

One of my fav guys to work with besides Riely was Tim Huff....Like Roynutz...Tim has his own style and finds a way to blend in humor, stories & race going down on the track in less than 30 seconds...

+Quote Post
VADerek
post May 8 2014, 12:18 PM
Post #26

Intermediate

Member No.: 35,291

Tim Huff is a great announcer and I also heard that he will be announcing in AL at the Circle City BMX track in June for the Gold cup/State Qualifier weekend.

I also like Otis from Capital City BMX in Raleigh. He did a great job at the Dixieland Natl. announcing the Strider races. Nobody says "Tougher than Alligator Meat" better than Otis. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Stileman
post May 8 2014, 03:02 PM
Post #27

AA Pro

Member No.: 18,091

QUOTE (mongo @ Apr 30 2014, 11:57 PM) *
redman, royball, and ray rohm from orange y years back

I always like Ray Rohm on the mic. Roynuts is always interesting. Plaskett and Frank Fremino were always entertaining.

+Quote Post
mxer746
post May 9 2014, 02:49 PM
Post #28

A Pro

Member No.: 14,134

LINDA.

+Quote Post
Fat Man
post May 9 2014, 04:48 PM
Post #29

Expert

Member No.: 9,974

I have a list of announcers that I have enjoyed announcing with, Linda being one, Roger, Al Roybal, Shane Voisine, Racy Lasley, Trey, Tim Huff, Dan Rumple, Randy Romadka. All have or had great mic skills. I had the opportunity to announce with all of these guys and gals and felt humbled when I was in the tower with them.

+Quote Post
Proger
post May 9 2014, 06:08 PM
Post #30

Expert

Member No.: 4,209

QUOTE (Fat Man @ May 9 2014, 10:48 PM) *
I have a list of announcers that I have enjoyed announcing with, Linda being one, Roger, Al Roybal, Shane Voisine, Racy Lasley, Trey, Tim Huff, Dan Rumple, Randy Romadka. All have or had great mic skills. I had the opportunity to announce with all of these guys and gals and felt humbled when I was in the tower with them.

Colin is no joke either behind a mike. Overall I'd say the moto calls of Lenny and the interviews of Redbone. Loved Dorsey for her love of the kids and her passion for the sport. Announcing with her and the friendship we built, kept me in the announcer tower long after I should have left. She was just flat out cool.

This post has been edited by Proger: May 9 2014, 06:13 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2018 - 03:51 AM