Reply to this topicStart new topic
Should there be a Hall of Fame thread?
BS
post Feb 23 2018, 12:59 PM
Post #1

The other CA10

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,545

Should there be a Hall of Fame thread somewhere (so I can talk to myself on it?)

I think I'm voting Al Roybal for lifetime achievement award or something. Maybe Elvis but I can't think of what category. Brian Foster ain't in there yet either, is he?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnd
post Feb 23 2018, 04:38 PM
Post #2

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Member No.: 51

Don't get me started......there are more than a few riders & people in the HOF that don't deserve to be in there. At times it seems like a NBA All-Star-stuffing-the-ballot-box type of thing. Iv'e been a voter for a long time & have a set criteria I go by. I don't care if you were in BMXA Hot Shots a billion times, how many titles did you win? How long did you race?
Veltman was a 1st ballot Hall of Famer & it took him FOREVER to get in. 3 titles & had a 4th in his grasp when he got hurt.

BS, your going to have to talk to yourself because if I chimed in with what was on my mind, there would be alot of chapped a$$es & drama following.

b.

+Quote Post
BS
post Feb 26 2018, 03:26 PM
Post #3

The other CA10

Member No.: 3,545

QUOTE (bnd @ Feb 23 2018, 02:38 PM) *
Don't get me started...

With that said, what do you think about Brian Foster being in the Hall? He, more than many I think might be considered a "Hot Shots" type pro. Although he's also more than that. I feel like he's not an Ellis, Leveque, Purse but he was pretty close and I think for overall impact he's equal if not greater. What say you?

+Quote Post
bnd
post Feb 27 2018, 06:04 PM
Post #4

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Member No.: 51

Not as a racer.

So I looked up his accomplishments, don't know why, I basically knew his history.......if anything, I would vote for him as a "Pioneer". I think you really don't need to have an impact in the 70's to be a pioneer. But on the flip side, Moeller & Fuzz did the same thing he did but 5 years earlier, jumping racing, ect.
I love Brian as a rider & person. Back a million years ago, I was fortunate enough to fly back from the Grands all the way to SLC sitting next to him & talking. He was super cool.
I have a feeling one day the HOF will find a place for him, where that is, I don't know.

b.

+Quote Post
Elvis
post Feb 28 2018, 02:33 PM
Post #5

Worst moderator ever

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 395

https://youtu.be/vsD4o4q4QIY

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th June 2018 - 11:07 PM