IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
R.I.P Travis Arrington, Only the good die young!
rivercitypull
post Jun 1 2012, 11:42 AM
Post #11

Expert

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,955

God speed TA. I'm gonna miss ya. Lots of good times and memories. My heart goes out to your family and friends. Not very often do I cry but I must admit I shed a few tears for ya today. I'm gonna miss ya. So sad. Hard to believe.

Schwartzy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CoopersDad
post Jun 1 2012, 02:08 PM
Post #12

Expert

Member No.: 18,487

My perspective is this-

I have always had a great deal of respect for Travis as he lived by the rules (right or wrong) that he believed to be true. He made his own path through life and followed nobody.

Travis was the type of person that you could call at anytime on anyday for help and he would be there, he truly was that kind of guy. 18 months ago Travis came to me and offered his friendship when life was not at its best. The problem was that Travis was not very good at asking or accepting help, no matter where or who the source was. I believe Travis knew very well that he had people he could have turned to, but made the choice not to. He was impulsive and reactionary and that combination can be fun as well creating some oh boy moments.

Travis has more friends than I think he ever realized. Sure he had his enemies, but none more so than himself and that is something that he was always well aware of. As selfish of an act as the situation may appear to be, through eyes of frustration I believe he felt that his actions would be inflicting less pain to those that he loved and loved him, actions that we all know not to be true. Travis was blessed with great children and ultimately for the last few years a beautiful woman that loved him unconditionally. Sadly he still struggled to use all the positives around him to squash the negatives.

Travis I will miss your brutal honesty and exciting personality. You were a friend when I least expected it! You did it by your rules R.I.P.

+Quote Post
Deanna
post Jun 1 2012, 05:08 PM
Post #13

World Champion

Member No.: 557

I didn't know Travis but I have to say this just makes me sad. Hard to believe someone would take their own life but it happens......

RIP Travis. I truly hope you see the many positives that you had in life and are finally at peace with the negatives.

This post has been edited by Deanna: Jun 1 2012, 05:09 PM

+Quote Post
tomanybikes
post Jun 1 2012, 05:54 PM
Post #14

Expert

Member No.: 5,444

Travis was always upbeat and a pleasure to talk with at Elkhorn. He spoke to me like an old friend the first time we met. He treated my son Dana with respect and always added his two cents about some riding tips or gearing ideas. Travis always had to remind Dana who's gauges were bigger. The world will be missing a nice guy always with a smile. RIP Travis. John Mittelstadt Milwaukee

+Quote Post
JCop
post Jun 1 2012, 08:34 PM
Post #15

Intermediate

Member No.: 8,643

RIP Travis. You will definitely be missed.

+Quote Post
TE76
post Jun 1 2012, 08:47 PM
Post #16

Intermediate

Member No.: 5,663

Wow, very sorry to hear this. Hadn't talked to Travis in awhile, but will always remember him as an outgoing fun person. RIP Travis.

+Quote Post
bmxdeputy
post Jun 1 2012, 11:07 PM
Post #17

Intermediate

Member No.: 17,281

Rest in Peace Travis. We raced each other numerous times and always had a good laugh after each race.

AQ

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th November 2014 - 09:31 PM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees