Reply to this topicStart new topic
Should there be a Hall of Fame thread?
BS
post Feb 23 2018, 12:59 PM
Post #1

The other CA10

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,545

Should there be a Hall of Fame thread somewhere (so I can talk to myself on it?)

I think I'm voting Al Roybal for lifetime achievement award or something. Maybe Elvis but I can't think of what category. Brian Foster ain't in there yet either, is he?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnd
post Feb 23 2018, 04:38 PM
Post #2

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Member No.: 51

Don't get me started......there are more than a few riders & people in the HOF that don't deserve to be in there. At times it seems like a NBA All-Star-stuffing-the-ballot-box type of thing. Iv'e been a voter for a long time & have a set criteria I go by. I don't care if you were in BMXA Hot Shots a billion times, how many titles did you win? How long did you race?
Veltman was a 1st ballot Hall of Famer & it took him FOREVER to get in. 3 titles & had a 4th in his grasp when he got hurt.

BS, your going to have to talk to yourself because if I chimed in with what was on my mind, there would be alot of chapped a$$es & drama following.

b.

+Quote Post
BS
post Feb 26 2018, 03:26 PM
Post #3

The other CA10

QUOTE (bnd @ Feb 23 2018, 02:38 PM) *
Don't get me started...

With that said, what do you think about Brian Foster being in the Hall? He, more than many I think might be considered a "Hot Shots" type pro. Although he's also more than that. I feel like he's not an Ellis, Leveque, Purse but he was pretty close and I think for overall impact he's equal if not greater. What say you?

+Quote Post
bnd
post Feb 27 2018, 06:04 PM
Post #4

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Not as a racer.

So I looked up his accomplishments, don't know why, I basically knew his history.......if anything, I would vote for him as a "Pioneer". I think you really don't need to have an impact in the 70's to be a pioneer. But on the flip side, Moeller & Fuzz did the same thing he did but 5 years earlier, jumping racing, ect.
I love Brian as a rider & person. Back a million years ago, I was fortunate enough to fly back from the Grands all the way to SLC sitting next to him & talking. He was super cool.
I have a feeling one day the HOF will find a place for him, where that is, I don't know.

b.

+Quote Post
Elvis
post Feb 28 2018, 02:33 PM
Post #5

Worst moderator ever

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 395

https://youtu.be/vsD4o4q4QIY

+Quote Post
BS
post Jul 12 2018, 03:59 PM
Post #6

The other CA10

HAHA!!! I swear I don't have a vote!

+Quote Post
bnd
post Jul 13 2018, 05:46 PM
Post #7

VBMX Hall Of Famer

After seeing this, I surfed over to USABMX and see Foster gets in as the racer...…..So, Stumpy, who WON the AA Pro title at 33 yrs old AND this...…… won the ABA Pro Cruiser title five consecutive times between 2001 and 2005. He has won the NBL Pro Cruiser division six times, five of them consecutively between 2001 and 2005. He has won the UCI Elite Men Cruiser World Championship four consecutive times between 2002 and 2005. Isolating one block of time he was the Cruiser champion in three different sanctioning bodies-ABA, NBL, UCI-simultaneously for three consecutive years: 2002, 2003, and 2004. In the midst of this accomplishment he won the NBL "AA" National No.1 Pro for the 20" division in 2003. Not to be forgotten are his amateur NBL National age group cruiser titles; his 1995 ABA Amateur National Cruiser No.1 and 1995 ABA World Cup Cruiser championship titles and his 1998 NBL Pro Cruiser National No.1. ...

This post has been edited by bnd: Jul 13 2018, 05:47 PM

+Quote Post
bnd
post Jul 13 2018, 05:49 PM
Post #8

VBMX Hall Of Famer

See what I mean?
Stumpys resume blows everybody else's away. Whoever voted with their heart instead of the facts should have their capability to vote revoked.

b.

+Quote Post
BS
post Jul 13 2018, 06:37 PM
Post #9

The other CA10

I see your point on Stumpy. I do think you discount this fact on Foster a little:

"Made 107 ABA Pro mains in his career, with 14 Pro Wins from his 49 lifetime podiums."

Yes, no "titles" but he had a legit AA Pro career over many years. Yes, Moeller and Fuzzy did what he did 5 years prior but Foster was a legit AA Pro for a long time and a title contender. He really probably needs his own category. In overall impact I think he's untouchable. I can't think of any other legit AA who has had the impact in BMX that he has.

I betcha Stumpy would vote for BF. HA! I bet all of the AA's from his era would vote for him. And so would a lot of the freestylers.

+Quote Post
D_Man
post Jul 13 2018, 08:19 PM
Post #10

AA Pro

Member No.: 589

IMO it is a hall of fame, not a hall of titles. It’s about overall impact on the sport, not just number crunching.

Glad to see BF make it.

He was one of the last, great all-around riders before racing became a hyper Specialized version of velodrome racing.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2018 - 06:35 PM