IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Be Advised - We are aware of the database error in some threads and are addressing it (3/21/21)

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Atten Board members! oldschool question!!
warn
post Oct 29 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #1

Expert
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 507

First! Im a vintage collecter just like everybody else!Rockford show is great and ive been to every one to date!! But i look at all the clean old bikes and think to my self,Gee at what point is it called vintage.Is this judged by the decade or is it judged by stuff that is say 10 to 20 years old and not produced any more.I have mid school bikes that are drop dead rare ,but have never showed them for this reason! The bikes of mid school will soon be vintage and very collectable. So what is your thoughts about the question. My personal thoughts are maybe we sould adding the mid school stuff in and judging that stuff to! Help just asking,I might consider bring my bikes to Rockford this year if the matter is more clear to me. Lets hear it!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
borntooloose
post Oct 30 2006, 06:07 PM
Post #2

Expert

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,337

Friday's
saw The Jam on that show

+Quote Post
retrodave
post Oct 30 2006, 08:40 PM
Post #3

AA Pro

Member No.: 8,030

Warn, I feel ya Bro. What we consider mid-school, will soon be old school... It is becoming harder too score mid-school stuff these days. I have seen 90's stuff go for alot more than 80's stuff recently.

+Quote Post
Rev.Lucky
post Oct 30 2006, 08:48 PM
Post #4

A Pro

Member No.: 5,461

you should definitly bring'em, im 29 so it would be sweet to see more stuff im familiar with.

+Quote Post
warn
post Oct 31 2006, 07:11 PM
Post #5

Expert
Group Icon

Retrodave ,you are on the track i am! This is not an attempt to over power the old school rides,just up dating it! If the board members would take a good hard look and kinda make some ruling on this,it might produce an even bigger turn out at Rockford.We guys lets hear it,good or bad!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Hal
post Nov 1 2006, 07:14 AM
Post #6

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 3

We may not have a class for them yet..yet...but feel free to bring them along. Its cool to see that stuff as well!

+Quote Post
retrodave
post Nov 1 2006, 08:44 AM
Post #7

AA Pro

Member No.: 8,030

As hard as it might seem. Sometimes you have too evolve. I personaly thing that I have one of the sweetest 93 powerlites around. I havent posted it for the fact that it is not considered old.

+Quote Post
J.T.
post Nov 1 2006, 05:21 PM
Post #8

A Pro
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,736

Besides the walk paths there wasn't too much space available within the allotted footage VBMX was given at Rockford.

We need to define Vintage.

If we include more bikes that are not Vintage then there will be less space for Vintage bikes to be displayed and voted on.

If space was not an issue I still think Vintage needs to be defined on the site. Other gatherings could have their own Vintage classifications but VBMX should set theirs due to the amount of participants at Rockford every year, which is growing!

Like a car, you deserve Collector plates at a certain age. Are bike and motorcycles similar?

Just my 2 cents.

+Quote Post
warn
post Nov 1 2006, 08:40 PM
Post #9

Expert
Group Icon

bMXERS HAVE THE WHOLE PARK THAT WEEKEND! wE ALL RULE!!! i JUST FEEL THAT ALL BIKES SHOULD BE IN THEIR REPECTED CLASS AND JUDGED.AFTER ALL THEY ARE ALL GOING TO BE OLD SCHOOL SOME DAY AND THEIR IS ALOT OF TRICK RIDES...................................

+Quote Post
warn
post Nov 1 2006, 08:41 PM
Post #10

Expert
Group Icon

bMXERS HAVE THE WHOLE PARK THAT WEEKEND! wE ALL RULE!!! i JUST FEEL THAT ALL BIKES SHOULD BE IN THEIR REPECTED CLASS AND JUDGED.AFTER ALL THEY ARE ALL GOING TO BE OLD SCHOOL SOME DAY AND THEIR IS ALOT OF TRICK RIDES...................................

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th August 2022 - 12:18 PM