IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Looking for constructive ways to save a track...
Brandon002
post Nov 22 2011, 04:58 PM
Post #11

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,718

George... nobody listened to any riders last year. Riders showed up to work, but they were told what to do by those that don't ride. So let's not get the facts twisted here buddy.

It's not a matter of someone's idea not being taken, it's a matter of a lot of people being unhappy. Went from 20+ motos per race down to the single digits last summer. Doesn't that say anything?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ILBMX
post Nov 22 2011, 06:02 PM
Post #12

Expert

Group: Track Management
Member No.: 20,073

QUOTE (Brandon002 @ Nov 22 2011, 04:58 PM) *
George... nobody listened to any riders last year. Riders showed up to work, but they were told what to do by those that don't ride. So let's not get the facts twisted here buddy.

It's not a matter of someone's idea not being taken, it's a matter of a lot of people being unhappy. Went from 20+ motos per race down to the single digits last summer. Doesn't that say anything?

Marco and I just talked for a while. I think our definitions of who is a rider and who is not are different.

There are better ways to go about this - you have my phone number.

+Quote Post
Brandon002
post Nov 22 2011, 07:02 PM
Post #13

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Member No.: 22,718

Actually I don't have your phone number.

Every way to "go about this" has been tried. Internet discussions, surveys, track meeting, complaining in person, through email on the internet and none of it changed a thing.

So what is your definition of a rider then? I mean I think it's pretty straight forward. It's someone that rides a bicycle, on the track on a regular basis. Doesn't have to be someone that races, but someone that rides, knows how a track should ride and actually rides a BICYCLE on that track once changes are made. It's a lot easier to judge from the saddle then the sidelines as far as track condition, jump style etc... It's easy from the sidelines to think something looks cool, but it's an entirely different beast when you're on a bicycle, at 20-some miles per hour, hitting that jump. This is why people that RIDE BICYCLES opinions should be listened to, heard and taken into serious consideration.

Also, people pointed out last year that too much work was trying to be accomplished, too close to the opener of the season. A little done the right way is a lot better then a lot done the wrong way. Did you have to perform that much maintenance on the track in 2010? No, because it was fixed, not changed right before race day. It started off in pretty good shape, and was easy to keep that way. In 2011 it was entirely torn up to make "changes" and it left the track in pretty bad shape on opening day. So the rest of the season was spent building, instead of maintaining.

We aren't stupid just because we ride bikes George. We do have good ideas as to how to make things better. You love this sport for your kids, I love it because I like to ride.

+Quote Post
SirMarco
post Nov 23 2011, 08:52 AM
Post #14

Intermediate

Member No.: 32,647

OK Guy listen up!!!
All this B.S. back and forth has got to stop and stop now. I was pissed about the track last season just as much as the next person but that was last season. It's done, in the past and over with.
Multiple threads on multiple sites have been put up for constructive ideas to help better the past situation. Each and every thread has turned into a finger pointing, don't blame me, I did this you didn't, my ideas are better B.S. bickering fight. Yes I poked my nose into places and said a thing or two that I shouldn't have or was taken the wrong way. It all needs to end here and now.
Everyone, yes everyone, needs to put differences aside and come together. The bottom line is everyone wants to see the track survive and move many steps above what happened last season. When I say everyone, this includes the people who had their toes stepped on last season and in the past few weeks.

+Quote Post
cory
post Dec 1 2011, 01:48 PM
Post #15

Expert

Member No.: 2,552

The worst thing for a track is having everyone at the track listening to each other cry and complain about things aren't the way that they want it to be. It gets more people to have a negative attitude around the track. I have seen it first hand years ago when everyone started to complain. But the sad thing is the ones complaining were only around for a short time then moved on to the next part of there lives. I personally think a track should be run like a professional business and only a few people should be involved in the changes. I know i haven't raced in Illinois for about 6 or 7 years and this year i'm hanging it up. The hill was always a fast fun track when i was there last, sad to see things come down like this.

+Quote Post
SirMarco
post Dec 1 2011, 02:04 PM
Post #16

Intermediate

Member No.: 32,647

I would agree with you that the ones who complain are the ones who are around a short time. The difference with this is, it's the people who have been around since the beginning if not a year or so after. They are the ones who have seen it in it's full ups and down.
Things seem to be on the positive side currently.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 12:42 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees