Reply to this topicStart new topic
Frame question
chipper
post Jun 5 2006, 01:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,523

Hi there,

I have an old freestyle BMX that I bought from a mate about 20 odd years ago. It's been round the houses a few times since then and I was lucky enough to buy it back last year in pretty much the same condition I sold it on in.

When I originally bought the bike he sold it to me as a Haro Frame with GT parts. All the GT parts look to be original as they come with the correct GT stamp in the right places. The frame however seems to be missing any kind of Haro stamp at all.

It looks exactly like some of the Haro frames I have seen restored on this site and am hoping to be able to restore mine to it's former glory.

The only clue I have been able to find on the frame is a serial number which is PP1801. Is this a Haro serial number? If not, does anyone know what make it might be?

Not sure how to post a picture on here but when I find out I will do.

Thanks in advance for the help, great tip on the wood bleach for removing rust. Off to the builders merchant to get some tomorrow!!

Chipper
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_t nile_*
post Jun 5 2006, 03:26 PM
Post #2

Guests

I don't know about the serial # (i'm sure someone will chime in, but the early Haros didn't have stamping that i'm aware of. Anybody?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th December 2019 - 08:50 PM