Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
iluvretrobmx2
post Jan 4 2017, 08:37 PM
Post #2

A Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,018

The guys today are just too awesome and they knock out all of us oldtimers away! They kinda make me embarrassed to call myself a Freestyler, but these guys who are too good -- their LIFE is ALL FREESTYLE!!!

They also end up breaking too many bones by the age of 30+. I met a former midschool Pro at the Chicago Lakefront Wilson Skatepark and he was soo disabled!

+Quote Post
D_Man
post Jan 5 2017, 01:16 PM
Post #3

AA Pro

Member No.: 589

QUOTE (iluvretrobmx2 @ Jan 5 2017, 03:37 AM) *
The guys today are just too awesome and they knock out all of us oldtimers away! They kinda make me embarrassed to call myself a Freestyler, but these guys who are too good -- their LIFE is ALL FREESTYLE!!!

They also end up breaking too many bones by the age of 30+. I met a former midschool Pro at the Chicago Lakefront Wilson Skatepark and he was soo disabled!

I watched an edit being filmed at a local skatepark a few weeks ago. The guy was crazy good. But I still watched him eat it big time repeatedly on several tricks before he nailed the one perfect one for the edit. It was then that I realized that getting to his level required an insane tolerance for pain and injury. Since then, I've been a lot happier with my skatepark mediocrity. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by D_Man: Jan 5 2017, 01:17 PM

+Quote Post
iluvretrobmx2
post Jan 8 2017, 04:33 AM
Post #4

A Pro

Member No.: 20,018

Hey D_Man -- maybe those videos where they show guys make runs that are perfect - actually they maybe all runs that made the final edit after many attempt to PULL THE MOVE...

So maybe those guys aren't perfect after all.

+Quote Post
D_Man
post Jan 8 2017, 08:35 PM
Post #5

AA Pro

Member No.: 589

QUOTE (iluvretrobmx2 @ Jan 8 2017, 10:33 AM) *
Hey D_Man -- maybe those videos where they show guys make runs that are perfect - actually they maybe all runs that made the final edit after many attempt to PULL THE MOVE...

So maybe those guys aren't perfect after all.

Yep, no one is perfect! But those guys sure go through a lot of pain to get more perfect. Pretty awesome to watch both the filming and the final edit.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 02:30 AM