Reply to this topicStart new topic
Junior Development Program Progression
SrBull
post Sep 9 2009, 08:21 AM
Post #1

Intermediate

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,717

I would like to give kudos to the USA BMX Cycling staff in charge of the Junior Development Program. It truly has been amazing watching the riderís progress, with each and every camp.

My sons approach to whatever he has to do with BMX now has a purpose and an understanding that he never had before, from training properly, to nutrition and his mental aspect has matured by 2X fold. We have had some great conversations in regards to nutrition that have helped educate me. It really has been an amazing ride.

This truly is a great program to bring the best out of each and every rider!!!!!!!!

Here is a short clip displaying how the senior riders of the camp have progressed.

http://www.vimeo.com/6469638
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HORSEPLAY
post Sep 9 2009, 08:44 AM
Post #2

A Pro

Member No.: 12,368

Very cool, Hes Jumping those gaps with ease !!!

+Quote Post
bmxmom156
post Sep 9 2009, 09:09 AM
Post #3

AA Pro

Member No.: 11,173

wow nice vid..

too bad they didnt start this years ago...kudos to usac for getting this off the ground( and the aba)

+Quote Post
Mike Fields
post Sep 9 2009, 09:17 AM
Post #4

AA Pro

Member No.: 5,391

Great video.

And i agree it is a pleasure to see the young guns learning more confidence and skills with every camp. It was equally exciting to see the girls also developing and learning to jump and manual, skills absent in many of our Pros today. But not for long....

I suspect the 15X, 16X and 17-18X classes will be awesome to watch in the coming years.

Heck THIS year with a couple of expert classes likely having 5 or more kids with 6 wins, which really matters for 15X & 16X as they vie for spots in the NAG 5 Challenge.

+Quote Post
scmcgovern
post Sep 9 2009, 11:45 AM
Post #5

A Pro

Group: Track Management
Member No.: 16,815

I like the program, like that ABA has help to insure everybody that goes to their nationals, weather you have an ABA license or not, that you can still race that Junior Development Race.. I hope they also look beyond that and look for guys that can't make it to those races.

Also on a side note... Tommy Zula.. just destroyed his class and money opens at the Grands... we have some very fast Mid-west guys out here how would love to show our skills @ OTC...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 09:44 PM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees