I've been collecting for a bit more than 5 years now, but check this out
mikkopeters
post May 3 2007, 03:15 PM
Post #31

AA Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 688

Congrats James!
In the stone age of the freestyle forum, there really were just a handful of people posting. There were a couple MN guys- STRIKE and WDS178 and a few others. He11, even Elvis would drop in to say hello. I would have never thought that it would get to this level, and I think it's going to get a bigger before it cools down. There are still many guys that rode that are just turning 30. Ha!
Rockford is going to be great for freestyle this year. I can only imagine who is going to show up and I look forward to clinking bottles with all of you.
sAc, meeting you was a highlight last year!!! All you southern MN guys are cool.
TIMO, you gotta come over one of these years!
I hope to meet even more of you at the Rock this year, it's going to be rad!
Viva VBMX and the freestyle forum!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mnewxcv
post May 8 2007, 06:58 PM
Post #32

AA Pro

Member No.: 3,639

oh you guys! ok ok , come here

+Quote Post
humidity saC
post May 8 2007, 10:54 PM
Post #33

Expert

Member No.: 1,057

Mikko, you KNOW I'll be ready to hang with ya! You still want a DVD of the first KOV contest from Le Seur, MN?

+Quote Post
redline j
post May 8 2007, 10:57 PM
Post #34

A Pro

Member No.: 2,537

Good to see your passion is still there Twin. You were one of the original "big spenders" who dropped some house payments to get that little piece of freestyle history. Keep spending brother!

+Quote Post
Hudson
post May 8 2007, 11:18 PM
Post #35

AA Pro

Member No.: 5,208

Sup J....you going to rosevill this weekend?

+Quote Post
STRIKE
post May 9 2007, 03:21 AM
Post #36

AA Pro

Member No.: 179

Great thread guys!

+Quote Post
twintoptuber
post May 9 2007, 05:17 AM
Post #37

www.vintagefreestyle.com

Member No.: 2,282

Yes! A little retrospective thread pulls Jack out of the vintage freestyle collector's mothball box Good seeing you on the boards again and let's start up the vintage freestyle machine again. Lots of new guys, freestyle oriented guest speakers at shows, new personal websites celebrating vintage, etc... Every new build, new discovery, ..... nostalgia thread, .... help a new guy ID this, .... help this, etc. increases our community.

Hoping we can encourage all the new members to start building/posting their bikes.

+Quote Post
redline j
post May 9 2007, 10:51 PM
Post #38

A Pro

Member No.: 2,537

James,
Isn't it interesting how even a hobby like ours has changed in just a short period of time? Pretty soon the 2000 model year bikes will be "vintage", LOL...
Someone else in this thread said in best in my opinion. He said that the reason us 30-40 year old freestylers/collectors are more nostalgic is because we were involved when the sport was just emerging. We were idolizing (and trying to imitate) guys like Bob Haro, RL, Eddie Fiola, Martin Aparijo, Woody, Dominguez, etc... The list could go on forever. Every new trick was iconic. Everything was new and original. And, you couldn't help but love the neon colors.
Anyway, I agree. Let's break out the big checkbooks and get back to our early days of collecting. It's time to drop a few grand on a rare NOS freestyle frame, and get started again! Unfortunately the supply of any real rare stuff seems to be drying up.
Nice to hear from you again, and don't worry. I still have a few projects in the hopper. I still have boxes of bike parts just waiting to be built.

JACK

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th August 2020 - 10:13 AM