The Tulsa sanction move and Coca Cola hits a snag
Elvis
post Jun 15 2017, 01:13 PM
Post #1

Worst moderator ever

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 395

In today's Tulsa World:

"Mark Andrus, Expo Square CEO, said the proposal to refurbish county offices and build a BMX training facility where old Drillers Stadium is being dismantled died due to soda-pouring contractual requirements to Coca-Cola."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/city-...bc0436dcdd.html

It reads like they're still going for it, but the site designated is off the table.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
D_Man
post Jun 16 2017, 07:16 AM
Post #2

AA Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 589

QUOTE (Elvis @ Jun 15 2017, 07:13 PM) *
In today's Tulsa World:

"Mark Andrus, Expo Square CEO, said the proposal to refurbish county offices and build a BMX training facility where old Drillers Stadium is being dismantled died due to soda-pouring contractual requirements to Coca-Cola."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/city-...bc0436dcdd.html

It reads like they're still going for it, but the site designated is off the table.

Wonder how Tulsa will feel about spending all that $$$ if racing is dropped from the olympics.

+Quote Post
osrlracer
post Jun 16 2017, 11:25 AM
Post #3

AA Pro

Member No.: 36

don't buy your popcorn yet...... it will be stale before this show ends !!!!!!!! wait, mine is already stale !!!!!

+Quote Post
thebondtrader55
post Jun 17 2017, 08:11 PM
Post #4

AA Pro

Member No.: 28,127

Wow.

Its awfully late in the day for an agreement that has been in place for years to scuttle the whole project. This should have been caught wayyy back in the due diligence phase of this transaction.

My guess is that something else has gummed up the works for whatever reason.

We may never find out what that is however one thing did standout to me. While listening to the interview with the local official he made absolutely no bones about the fact that they are determined to align with an Olympic sport.

Hard to believe that BMX in the O's looks any weaker now than it did when this deal was first announced but who knows what the players in this thing know for certain already.

Time will tell.

+Quote Post
thebondtrader55
post Jun 19 2017, 09:52 AM
Post #5

AA Pro

Another point to be made is that why in the world would the powers that be in Oklahoma even care about the O's tie in? I mean, it's nice if it's there but after all the many years of the Grands out performance what difference does it really make?

The ABA has proven that every Thanksgiving they are going to put on a professional. well organized, whale of a show that packs them in at the restaurants, hotels, bars, and the arena itself.

It would seem logical at this point that the ABA is a long time, trusted partner that can stand on its own merits!

+Quote Post
osrlracer
post Jun 19 2017, 12:57 PM
Post #6

AA Pro

Member No.: 36

this NEWS stinks !!!!! at this point, I just hope any of this deal happens....... E V E N my co workers are asking HOW this deal got so screwed up ?!?!?!?

+Quote Post
GaryCraig
post Jun 20 2017, 07:04 AM
Post #7

A Pro

Member No.: 37,215

There must be more to this than discovering last minute that there is a serving agreement with a brand you may or may not want to do business with in the future and it was a better idea to scrap the location of the $15m project than to work through a better solution.

+Quote Post
thebondtrader55
post Jun 22 2017, 08:12 AM
Post #8

AA Pro

QUOTE (GaryCraig @ Jun 20 2017, 08:04 AM) *
There must be more to this than discovering last minute that there is a serving agreement with a brand you may or may not want to do business with in the future and it was a better idea to scrap the location of the $15m project than to work through a better solution.

I agree.

+Quote Post
Kamikaze kid
post Jun 22 2017, 09:52 AM
Post #9

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Group: Track Management
Member No.: 9,957

The article did articulate confidence in being able to find a new location, so I don't get the feeling the deal is dead, but I agree, does seem odd a detail like this wouldn't have been known.

Either way, how much does it matter to the consumer where USABMX parks there rigs?. If it means lower over head driving P&L in the right direction, I'm not confident the membership reaps much of the benefit, but hey, its a business, and USABMX has as much a right as any business to be as profitable as they can.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2017 - 11:18 PM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray