IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
"BMX Lite" track build, we did it., The most uniqe track in the nation?
bnd
post May 30 2020, 09:35 AM
Post #1

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Group: Members
Member No.: 51

As I mentioned earlier, I'm on board this season with running a local track with 4 friends. We all have deep, old school roots & are all on the same page on what our vision is for the sport. It's all about laying a solid foundation for the future generations. We all agreed to take it back to the times of when jumping & pedaling was king.

We made it happen.

This track has a wide open first straight with one 3ft' roller & a jumpable table going into the first turn. Every single obstacle is jumpable, either a table, step, step table or a safe double. Fast & flowy is the name of the game here.
Going into the last corner you have a decision maker, go high & rail the berm OR go low into a flat corner (say it ain't so!) & then head into a last straight filled with 3 jumpable tables OR a trail jump, 4-pak section that is being groomed by none other than local legend & HOF inductee Fuzzy Hall. He lives 15 minutes away from the track, we reached out to him & he is stoked to be apart of this.

We also haven't forgotten about the Striders, we are going to build a section just for them.
This track doesn't have a rythem section or white knuckle, dug out obstacles that are 20ft' apart. Every obstacle is spaced great so you can get pedals in and maintain your speed. Berms are all dirt & built so a low-high or high-low will pay off.

We have our first practice tonight, I will take some good video tonight & post it up tomorrow.
Stay tuned.

b.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnd
post May 30 2020, 09:41 AM
Post #2

VBMX Hall Of Famer

(IMG:http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL144/1660939/24571718/414434964.jpg)

Left to Right, Doc Alvey, Fuzzy, me, & our official T.O. Zach, yesterday, showing the track to Fuzz.

b.

+Quote Post
bnd
post May 30 2020, 09:49 AM
Post #3

VBMX Hall Of Famer

(IMG:http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL144/1660939/24571718/414434966.jpg)

Speaking of our T.O., He's the kid on our squad. 4 of us are over 50 & he's in his mid-30's, he's a kick ass racer, trail jumper & a 12 yr vet serving as a trooper in the Utah Highway Patrol.
Like I said, solid leadership & quite possibly the raddest T.O. around. Zach hitting up the table going into the first turn.

b.

+Quote Post
ANT DOG 3:16
post Jun 2 2020, 11:53 AM
Post #4

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3,739

Sweet

+Quote Post
thebondtrader55
post Jun 12 2020, 08:33 AM
Post #5

AA Pro

Member No.: 28,127

Great job!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th July 2020 - 06:16 AM