Reply to this topicStart new topic
State of the BMX Union, This is not a "growing the sport" thread
BS
post Jan 24 2020, 11:03 AM
Post #1

The other CA10

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,545

I was poking around on usabmx.com the other day and I found this page 20,000 Points Club. Interesting to see the numbers of people that are chasing District points. Also to see how many people were doing it in years past versus today.

One of the real standouts to me was to see Mike Savage of Connecticut on the list for both cruiser and 20-inch for 2014. Most people know his story and his quest to race in all 50 States but I was trying to calculate how many times he would have to race per week in order to get over 26,000 points that year. I'm assuming there must be an indoor track available to him considering the weather he must contend with back there. Anyway, interesting to look at the lists and see the names past and present. There are always some interesting nooks and crannies to look at on there when trying to avoid doing work. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ANT DOG 3:16
post Jan 27 2020, 01:34 PM
Post #2

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3,739

For the first time in YEARS he did not get District 1 in his home state

+Quote Post
SteveClark
post Feb 4 2020, 10:43 AM
Post #3

A Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,503

I think a lot more people would chase district points if you could use them. Anybody that gets a NAG plate loses their district number as well as it's way easier to go to a handful of races and get a state #7 than it is to bust your butt all year for a district #7. Also, if people know that there will be 5 people ahead of them that are most likely going to get a NAG plate and get removed from the district standings, there isn't as much of a need to chase points yourself. Letting everyone keep their district points and getting rid of state #2-10 is the key to people racing locals and chasing points. I doubt it will ever happen though.

+Quote Post
ihailfromohio
post Feb 6 2020, 09:20 AM
Post #4

A Pro

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 8,463

Mike does race some indoor races. He was at Dayton Indoor a few weeks ago and said he was heading to the Rock Island track in Illinois/Iowa. I believe he also hit up the Michigan indoor but I'm not 100% on that one. Im sure Indiana's Steelwheels was on his list as well while in the area. And yea, I know for fact that plenty of racers in my area skip locals due to the fact that there's no point in chasing those points since they're chasing a nag plate and feel confident that theyll earn one. I agree they shouldnt pull them out of the points.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th February 2020 - 01:42 PM