Reply to this topicStart new topic
RIP Jason "Bird" Parratt
MikeCarruth
post Aug 11 2018, 08:09 PM
Post #1

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 6,767

(IMG:http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz153/bmxnews/jason-parratt.jpg)

The BMX community received some very bad news Friday night. Lifelong Chicago-area BMXer, Jason Parratt, was racing his car for the first time in a while. His engine blew in practice, and some fellow drivers helped him get the car back on the trailer.

Not long after that, reports from the scene were that Jason was complaining of chest pains, and an ambulance was called. Paramedics worked on him for a time, but he passed away shortly after that. He was only 42.

This was the final Snap Jason posted, after his engine blew on the track:
(IMG:http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz153/bmxnews/38864116_10214073312124737_1225672607014060032_n.jpg)

"Bird" as he was known to BMXers across the country was an active BMX racer, loving father to his two young sons, and devoted friend to more people than we have room for.

Arrangements are pending, and we'll update this thread when we find out more.

The Chicago Tribune carried the following article in the hours following the incident.

We'll miss him deeply. Please join the VintageBMX.com community in lifting up prayers for his family during this unimaginably hard time.

—Mike
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jeff V
post Aug 12 2018, 06:47 AM
Post #2

AA Pro
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 46

I was stunned when I found out. We had been crossing paths at bmx functions since the early 80's. Super great guy. I'm glad to have spun some laps with him at Torkin' Tommy Trusky's birthday party at Steelwheels indoor track this summer. He passing leaves a big hole in the OG local bmx crew.
Sad

+Quote Post
ANT DOG 3:16
post Aug 14 2018, 06:37 AM
Post #3

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3,739

We talked on museum was a great guy

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th November 2018 - 04:08 PM